Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit

Options
  • 14-01-2015 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi

Is it possible to pay my bill before waiting for the money to be taken by dd?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

ring accounts- elec ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

No can do but thanks for the wise suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Trev De rev

limerick85 wrote: »
    Hi

Thanks

Hey op, I'm always paying my bill off weekly with my online banking. I used to 2 pay it in the shops weekly to with a old bill. Its good paying it weekly cause im always a head of my bills and in credit when bill is due.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi limerick85,
    limerick85 wrote:

We would recommend leaving the direct debit to be collected automatically by your bank, but it is possible to pay beforehand. However, to avoid the full direct debit amount being collected on the due date, any payment you make manually would need to be on the account approximately 6 working days before the direct debit collection date. Otherwise there is the risk that you will pay twice (leaving your Electric Ireland account in credit).

If you would like us to look at your account for you or defer a direct debit collection (again, we would require 6 working days notice prior to the collection date) please feel free to send us your account details by private message (including your full name, address, contact number and confirmation that you are the account holder).

Thanks,
    David

Advertisement