Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laservision - Living social - recommendations?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have wanted to get my eyes lasered for a long time now as I'm blind as a bat and do a lot of sports. An initial quote from optilase was 2.9k - 3.6k as my prescription is so high. I saw today that Laservision are doing a deal on Livingsocial at the moment for 2k.

My question is has anyone used them? A brief google seems to show they have some good reviews but haven't seen recent ones.

Am I mad to buy laser eye surgery from livingsocial or is it a good deal?

It includes the consultation and the six months aftercare. It does not include any further retreatments if the surgery needs to be done again in a few years.

Eager to hear what ye think and if anyone else got their surgery this way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jasper_

smcgui wrote: »

Am I mad to buy laser eye surgery from livingsocial or is it a good deal?

Personally I wouldn't do it. This isn't like buying a car. These are your eyes, you only have one pair. You need to go to the best possible place. For the sake of maybe a few hundred or a thousand is it worth taking the risk?

For what its worth I would only go with two places in Ireland. Both in Dublin.

1) Mater Private
    2) Wellington Eye Clinic

Both have been doing laser eye surgery the longest in Ireland, have the most qualified and experienced surgeons and both are going nowhere any time soon (some smaller places have a tendency to go bust and you are left with no after care).

Personally I went with Dr O'Keefe in the Mater Hospital for mine. You will find a no more experienced, knowledgeable and personable surgeon in Ireland to do your surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

Great thanks, think I will avoid that deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Jasper_ wrote: »
    Personally I went with Dr O'Keefe in the Mater Hospital for mine. You will find a no more experienced, knowledgeable and personable surgeon in Ireland to do your surgery.

+1. Prof O'Keefe is wonderful.

Surgery is not the time for bargain hunting ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

You need to go for a specific consultation which firstly will tell you if you are suitable or not depending on your corneas. If you are then they will tailor your needs for you and this could be a lot. I was quoted at 4,500 for mine. These deals are only giving you an estimate and if you actually went into the clinic it might turn out that is would cost you a lot more than the original buying price.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Had mine done at Optilase in Ely Place. Great set up and post care. Surgeon also has huge experience. €3290 for lasik. They have been operating here for over a decade already and have recently expanded. Lifetime cover as should be. Have a €100 ref if anyone needs it. Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement