Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XB1 - Season 1 WildCard Round

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:23am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Colts (CPU) @ Chargers (CPU)
    Jets (CPU) @ Ravens (CPU)
    Seahawks @ Cowboys (CPU)
    Panthers @ Lions

Please post here when you have played your games and I will advance once done.

Limit for playing these games is Sunday but hopefully they will be done sooner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Hey lions! When suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

I've played (Seahawks)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You win? Feel free to type up a quick match report if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

adrian522 wrote: »
    You win? Feel free to type up a quick match report if you like?

I'll make it very quick because I'm on phone. It was a very low scoring affair in which Dallas were good in third down. A long pass to Dez set up an early field goal for the Boys and while I drew level, Murray scored a touchdown near the end of the second quarter to make it 10-3. I threw an interception when trying to salvage something before the break, but did pull a field goal back after half time. By now I'd gotten to grips with their O, forcing a number of sacks. With 7:22 left I took the ball on the 20 after they punted into the end zone and slowly I moved up the field. I'd allowed the clock to run so there was only eight seconds left when my full back scored on a short run on third down. The conversion made it 13-10 and in the last play I sacked romo and forced a fumble while they were trying a hail Mary.

Not my best performance, but a win is a win!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Hey lions! When suits you?

Could do friday afternoon if that suits or Saturday after 1

• Advertisement

guns4all wrote: »
    Could do friday afternoon if that suits or Saturday after 1

Can do 8pm Friday? Or Saturday evening after 7 any good? I'm around sat/sun morning either?

Can do 8pm Friday? Or Saturday evening after 7 any good? I'm around sat/sun morning either?

Might be able to do later tonight say after 10 or so. What time Saturday morning u thinking?

Might be able to do later tonight say after 10 or so. What time Saturday morning u thinking?

Prob 9am on?!

Prob 9am on?!

Whats the latest u can do on saturday morning/afternoon?

Whats the latest u can do on saturday morning/afternoon?

Can do anytime between 9am and 2pm dude, just have to be gone training by 3

• Advertisement

Managed to sneak past Padraic and the Panthers, by a score of 24-17.

For most of the 1st half it looked like i was going to be one and done, as the Panthers D was in great form stuffing the run and sticking like glue to the WRs.
    Was 14-0 down and playing poorly with Stafford throwing well wide of his targets.

The 2nd half was much better for the Lions, once i figured out how to contain Cam and the Panthers rushing game.
    Turning point was a 3rd and long with Stafford overthrowing his target, but with Ebron making a huge diving catch to secure a 1st down.

With the game tied and Lions marching down the field at the 2 min warning it was decision time for the Panthers. Try to make a stop or let them score and go on a game tying march of their own. Megatron came up with the go ahead score and it was up to the Lions D to make a stop.

A few good plays later and the ball is slung towards Benjamin and Slay steps in front and picks it off for the game.

Great game Padraic, really impressed with the Panthers as have tried playing with them before offline. Need a few WRs and some O-line help in FA and draft and you will have the makings of a great team

Advertisement