Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Rental Discount Codes

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

Hi, Looking for any car rental discount codes. Need a car for two weeks in Italy in August and its very expensive so hoping to find something. Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

try kayak.com or billiger-mietwagen.com. not discount codes but I find them cheapest. kayak is cheaper and gives more options especially if you forego insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Brilliant, thank you. The Kayak prices are about €100 better than I was getting before. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

thomasm wrote: »
    Brilliant, thank you. The Kayak prices are about €100 better than I was getting before. Much appreciated

Also as you're hiring for two weeks make sure to get your own excess policy rather than taking the car hire company's inflated version. Most of them charge €15 a day which would work out at some €210 over two weeks. Rather than spend it with them you can get a 12 month excess hire policy from Axa for €58 before you go. There are a few others as well as Axa offering this service but thats who I went with and will again when my 12 months is up as its already saved me a few hundred last year.

http://www.lesfreresjacques.com/early-bird/

Fnally before booked a car make sure there is nothing in the t&cs mentioning extra costs if you decline their insurance. The only company I've seen do this yet is Budget so I avoid them altogether. Most companies insist on taking 1500 off your credit card if you decline their insurance. I've always done that without problems

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 574 ✭✭✭18MonthsaSlave

http://www.worldwideinsure.com/ for car excess insurance and like their webpage to or something to get 10% off. year insurance cost me about 40 euro europe wide.

Advertisement