Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warhammer: Total War

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Varik wrote: »
    Not my point at all. My point only applied to those pre-ordering, if you bought it after the fact then it doesn't matter as you paying then and there anyway.

On most games without these bonuses, you'd have the right to cancel. In this case you don't as you've already got part of the bundled content.

Before it's delay, you couldn't have cancelled South park fractured but Whole as you'd been already given part of the bundle ie the original game. You also see it in the COD games recently as they'll give some MP bonus to the last game.

killanena's was the original point I was talking about. :)
    If you pre-order warhammer 2 you get the new paid DLC coming out for Warhammer 1 for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

It is factually correct that you do get the DLC for free for pre-ordering. Because you do :P
    But ya you can get it for free also if you buy warhammer 2 in the first week of release.

The combined campaign wont be available at launch though. Its gonna be free dlc released probably a few weeks after warhammer 2's release.

killanena wrote: »
    It is factually correct that you do get the DLC for free for pre-ordering. Because you do :P

Can't argue with that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

But ya you can get it for free also if you buy warhammer 2 in the first week of release.

The combined campaign wont be available at launch though. Its gonna be free dlc released probably a few weeks after warhammer 2's release.

Shame they don't give you existing DLC as part of the preorder...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, throw in Wood elves and I'd buy it today.

• Advertisement

First look at the new campaign map.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah, throw in Wood elves and I'd buy it today.

Wood elves have their own specific and pretty huge campaign against the beastmen which has it's own map and it's pretty long too, and then they're playable in the grand campaign as well.

Worth the few quid extra imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wood else are the only DLC i don't have as they weren't on sale during the last sale being recent and all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got all the DLC with a bit of shopping around for about €25 total, well, well worth it.

I just bought DLC as per release. I love Warhammer and I love total war so well worth the money on my end. Steam summer sales starts on the 22nd according to PayPal. Which as I post this is today (Thursday) So good opportunity bound to rise to buy any DLC ye don't own.

If any of ye are into Warhammers multiplayer when they release the combined map campaign they will also be allowing factions from the old world in multiplayer so it gives it that much more longevity.

• Advertisement

Not sure what prices are like elsewhere, so ye may find it for cheaper, but Bundle Stars have 18% off the pre-order.

33% off all TW:WH DLC, and 66% off the base game on the steam sale atm

Started Beastment there, haven't played a horde before.

Might get elves now during sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Naval combat again - wonder if they'll get it right finally!

Where are you seeing that?

Where are you seeing that?

The floaty boaties on the map. That said maybe that's just a transport thing but it might be raising its confusing head again, I can imagine they'll go into that much detail with it and not give it a combat element.

I'd say they will at some point, it's not being made very clear at the moment that it's a surety though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

The floaty boaties on the map. That said maybe that's just a transport thing but it might be raising its confusing head again, I can imagine they'll go into that much detail with it and not give it a combat element.

Think it's mainly just a transport thing

They said that you have to be careful of hazards like storms & reefs and that any combat would be auto-resolve only.

Seems to be some kind of ARG going on, building up to the announcement of, presumably, the Skaven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I picked up TW and the DLC and I think it's generally exactly my kind of game.

The only thing I'm struggling to handle is how much of a knife edge it feels the game ends up on later on.

I have a game roughly 125 turns in with Bretonnia and while I thought I'd cemented my position well enough, a lad just came up and assasinated my Legendary Lord King Louen.

I've 20k in the bank but my income just went from +2k to -12k because of the upkeep for all his high level cavalry units which need a character ability to be manageable.
    I just feel a bit bleh about the whole thing at that point.

"Whelp.. I've spent 10 hours on this but in one turn the games over... oh well".

When big armies start running around and the Lords running around trying to assasinate everything, moving anywhere and making any progress starts to feel a little daunting.

On the other hand, all the previous turns felt great. Pincering a much bigger force into oblivion with higher level and more mobile cavalry feels deliciously satisfying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Gbear wrote: »
    When big armies start running around and the Lords running around trying to assasinate everything, moving anywhere and making any progress starts to feel a little daunting.

The AI agents are a bit of a pain, and the AI doesn't have the same requirements for hiring them as you. So there's a mod that turns down their aggressiveness with agents.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=789208465&searchtext=agent

Some consider it cheating, but **** that, it's not fun playing against a horde of AI agents that assasinate/block your armies every turn and are level 20+ so you've no chance of taking them out yourself.

Gbear wrote:
    I have a game roughly 125 turns in with Bretonnia and while I thought I'd cemented my position well enough, a lad just came up and assasinated my Legendary Lord King Louen.

Legendary Lords will only get wounded for 4 turns, then you can recruit them again.

that's something that's not made abundantly clear either - when your lord is injured - someone else will take over for him for 4 turns, when the 4 turns are up, click your current commander's icon on the bottom left, and the screen it brings up has a little kick icon at the bottom right, you can send your current lord back to the roster of unfielded commanders for a 4 turn penalty, and have your legendary lord take his place again

This sounds complicated, but it's literally 3 clicks of the mouse.

Click commander's bottom left icon, (not skill screen, the other one with equipment and banners etc..)
    Click bottom right "remove lord" or kick icon
    select your legendary lord, accept.

bam, you should be grand unless the world went to hell in the last four turns, which is entirely possible sometimes.

I'd say roll out with some assassins of your own in future, you can skill them up to be really useful to your army too, loads of -chance to succeed for enemy agent rolls etc..

I get that he's not dead. I just can't handle going 40k in debt or disbanding my main army of elite veterans.

I only have access to, I think, 4 heroes.

The other thing is autosaves. Is there any way to increase the number of them? Having 1 rolling save just isn't enough for a game like this.

Most factions can handle a lord replacement but bretonia is different, a new lord without the right upgrade will hit you with a hugh increase in upkeep if you've not got the upgrade for specific units unlocked.

I get that he's not dead. I just can't handle going 40k in debt or disbanding my main army of elite veterans.

I only have access to, I think, 4 heroes.

The other thing is autosaves. Is there any way to increase the number of them? Having 1 rolling save just isn't enough for a game like this.

not sure, probably have to be manual saves, as quicksaves overwrites itself afaik

not sure, probably have to be manual saves, as quicksaves overwrites itself afaik

Presumably it's to encourage living with your decisions which is grand and all that, but just like with XCom, that just isn't the kind of thing I can deal with.

Most factions can handle a lord replacement but bretonia is different, a new lord without the right upgrade will hit you with a hugh increase in upkeep if you've not got the upgrade for specific units unlocked.

That's where all the upkeep comes from.

I've something like a 14k swing in income because all my guy's units are 1000+ each to maintain without having the the 3rd upgrade to the Knights Vow trait.

• Advertisement

That's where all the upkeep comes from.

I've something like a 14k swing in income because all my guy's units are 1000+ each to maintain without having the the 3rd upgrade to the Knights Vow trait.

Short of having another lord to transfer everything you can't currently support to there's nothing much you can do other than throwing them into battle to try win something when you're not worried about losses.

Never had this issue when playing them but I'm a bit heavy on the assassins, only issue I've had is when playing the dwarfs as they're not strong here.

Seems to be some kind of ARG going on, building up to the announcement of, presumably, the Skaven.

Second part released today. Solving the riddle for the first one rewards you with a wallpaper. The second one gives you a choose-your-own-adventure style text quest. My playthrough ended like this;
    As you walk into the twilight of the tunnels ahead of you, your heart sinks as you step on thin air. In a rush of wind and flailing arms you find yourself falling rapidly into a great chasm. The sound of hundreds of scurrying bodies swarm below; churning from unimaginably complex tunnel systems pushing great metal contraptions. The last thing you see before you crash to the floor is a flash of green light from far in the distance. Your body shatters against rock.

Preorder Key for TWW2 is currently €31 over on cdkeys.com

Have never preordered before so just wondering if I order on cdkeys this I'll still get the preorder bonus or does it have to be ordered on steam directly?

Remouad wrote: »

Have never preordered before so just wondering if I order on cdkeys this I'll still get the preorder bonus or does it have to be ordered on steam directly?

Was mentioned before, I think the pre-order bonuses are available for a short while after release.
    So even if you don't get it from them, you'll get it when you add the key before the deadline.

Personally very wary as I've not use any of the key reseller before, but might as I really do want this day one.

I use cdkeys.com a lot and never had any issues. Only downside is you can't get a refund like on steam and im not sure if you'd get the pre-order bonus, ive never pre-ordered anything off them before.
    I find them better then g2a as you get the cd instantly where as on g2a I've had to wait even up to 48 hours before.

I still buy the majority of my games on steam but I'm a sucker for a good bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I use cdkeys.com a lot and never had any issues. Only downside is you can't get a refund like on steam and im not sure if you'd get the pre-order bonus, ive never pre-ordered anything off them before.
    I find them better then g2a as you get the cd instantly where as on g2a I've had to wait even up to 48 hours before.

I still buy the majority of my games on steam but I'm a sucker for a good bargain.
    That said, their customer service is good - first time I used them I used an old Paypal account that was linked to an email address than no longer exists (it seems yahoo purged their '.ie' addresses?), so I emailed them with a screenshot of the purchase screen and they resent directly to my hotmail account within a half hour.

• Advertisement

I once bought what was described as "Total War: Warhammer + ALL DLC keys" off CDKeys for a good bit less than what it all added up to on Steam, to release Feb 28th if I recall. From the date you can likely see where this is going.

The subsequently changed the description of the item to reflect that it was TWW + the small change DLC + the free DLC. No Beastmen, no Elves, etc. They changed it on their site, same URL I'd used to link to it, same price, etc. They didn't contact me to say that it wasn't what I'd ordered of course though.

I had it out with them and happened to have screenshots of what was on their site when I bought it, and they gave me a refund as it was blatantly incorrect. I wonder how many people didn't get a refund though.

I don't use them anymore as a result.

Was mentioned before, I think the pre-order bonuses are available for a short while after release.
    So even if you don't get it from them, you'll get it when you add the key before the deadline.

Personally very wary as I've not use any of the key reseller before, but might as I really do want this day one.

The preorder bonus is for warhammer 1 and will be playable pre-release of warhammer 2. That's why I'm thinking about the pre-order at all.

I've used the site before so I'm ok with taking the risk to get the game half price. :D

Me in a nutshell. That's why my steam library is full of games I have great intention of playing some day...:D
    I once bought what was described as "Total War: Warhammer + ALL DLC keys" off CDKeys for a good bit less than what it all added up to on Steam, to release Feb 28th if I recall. From the date you can likely see where this is going.

The subsequently changed the description of the item to reflect that it was TWW + the small change DLC + the free DLC. No Beastmen, no Elves, etc. They changed it on their site, same URL I'd used to link to it, same price, etc. They didn't contact me to say that it wasn't what I'd ordered of course though.

I had it out with them and happened to have screenshots of what was on their site when I bought it, and they gave me a refund as it was blatantly incorrect. I wonder how many people didn't get a refund though.

I don't use them anymore as a result.

I remember that being up there. It was the old world edition.
    I even sent them a message telling them that the description was wrong.
    Didn't hear anything back from them.

Me in a nutshell. That's why my steam library is full of games I have great intention of playing some day...:D

I remember that being up there. It was the old world edition.
    I even sent them a message telling them that the description was wrong.
    Didn't hear anything back from them.

I have the same problem but any game I haven't played yet I add to a separate library and any time Im feeling like I don't know what I want to play i just pick one at random and sometimes you get surprised.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Watched a video of a massive city battle this afternoon, and made me want to play though this and actually manage the battles myself. I've a bad habit of letting the computer do it nearly everytime, and then i get smashed when i have to fight myself.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Watched a video of a massive city battle this afternoon, and made me want to play though this and actually manage the battles myself. I've a bad habit of letting the computer do it nearly everytime, and then i get smashed when i have to fight myself.

I feel like if you put the effort in you can nearly win anything but it takes a lot out of you.

I had a crazy battle last week where I was the dwarves with about 1/3 the number of forces as some undead, and the undead had about 12 of their unkillable dickhead heroes. It lasted the bones of half an hour.

I slowed the game right down, paused between attacks and milked every single frame for positioning (and perfect gyrocopter bombing placement, I think one of my gyrobombers had like 400 kills) and in the end I squeezed out a narrow victory, pretty much wiping out the whole Vampire Count army in one battle.

It was deeply satisfying.

It was deeply satisfying.

But exhausting.

I do love those battles, but as you say, it takes it out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Clinch victories are the best. I won an empire vs vampires after losing about 90% of my army.

Had units of five models charging back in. So proud of those lads.

New warhammer 2 gameplay.

Dark Elves In-Engine Trailer

<snip>

Dark Elves In-Engine Trailer

Fook yeah! My new faction! (Prev. Vampire)

That's a terribly impractical helmet.

Game and all DLC Discounted on Humble Bundle.
    Same discounts that were in the steam summer sale.

Norsca confirmed as the DLC for the first game, if you're an early adopter for the second. Will contain two factions apparently.

Saw the thumbnail for the trailer and was sure that they'd stolen it from lords of the fallen :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement