Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warhammer: Total War

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Any quality of life improvements people can think of for the next installment?

Mine would be allowing movement while in encamped stance.

If you want to get through vampire or other attrition territory but don't want to piss people off, you can move half a turn and then encamp, rather than raiding. So it'd be nice to make it require 1 click rather than 3 every turn (and those buttons for movement stance are fiddly to begin with).

Another would be fixing the way diplomacy works. Not the theory or the balance or anything.
    Literally the nuts and bolts; the UI, of how you select people. Currently any selected faction becomes "active" and they're the ones that relationships are compared between on hover.

It'd be better if it always stayed on your faction so you could rapidly switch between your interactions with other factions and have a separate command (right click?) to activate other factions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Norsca is going to vastly change the game, they're going to go from a numerous annoyance to a an actual threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,433 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I wonder will the put that northern Dwarf faction in the game (the one that spawns when you start as Chaos) to hold them back a small bit. Doubt it.

Empire when under the control of the AI is going to be boned, unless they get a bit of an upgrade.

Dunno what's happened but the game has turned into a slideshow for me.
    They did release some kind of DLC.

It's stuttering about once every second or so. It's unplayable.
    Anyone else notice anything?

Anyone encountered it before?

Reinstalled the game. Seems to have fixed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

How do you get Krell?

Ah found it :pac:

Gbear wrote: »
    Dunno what's happened but the game has turned into a slideshow for me.
    They did release some kind of DLC.

It's stuttering about once every second or so. It's unplayable.
    Anyone else notice anything?

Anyone encountered it before?

Reinstalled the game. Seems to have fixed it.

One of the patches reset which GPU the game used (dedicated or the CPU's integrated) for me before.

Varik wrote: »
    One of the patches reset which GPU the game used (dedicated or the CPU's integrated) for me before.

Don't think it was that. It was saying it was using my GPU in the graphics settings.

I didn't get to clear the cache before I reinstalled it. I couldn't find it.
    That used to bugger up my Civ 5 games so I had a shortcut on my desktop and I'd empty it every few games.

If it wasn't that than I really don't know.

Werewolves look amazing.

They given the mammoths some weird grasping trunks with finger/tentacles at the end.

Live gameplay tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Haven't played this since November. Why is it looking for 34GB of space for a effing update?

• Advertisement

Haven't played this since November. Why is it looking for 34GB of space for a effing update?

I think there's some shenanigans with the updates where it installs the whole thing again and then deletes the old version, or something like that.

30 new regiments of renown being added to the game.

Great more units for the CPU to abuse in campaign. (still happy about it).

Is it my imagination or is the game a lot harder now?

Is it my imagination or is the game a lot harder now?

compared to when, a lot of factions added meant that the sides are more fleshed out and don't have the same limitations they once did.

compared to when, a lot of factions added meant that the sides are more fleshed out and don't have the same limitations they once did.

It seems that the dwarfs are a lot more trigger happy, the minor factions anyway. The minor empire factions aren't so much of a walk over either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

It seems that the dwarfs are a lot more trigger happy, the minor factions anyway. The minor empire factions aren't so much of a walk over either.

The regiments of renown have upped the difficulty in the early game.

• Advertisement

Easy is too easy and I'm getting pissed off on Normal, I'm gonna try a mod to delay chaos and creep a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Easy is too easy and I'm getting pissed off on Normal, I'm gonna try a mod to delay chaos and creep a bit more.

Chaos is a ladder!

Sorry, had to.. :)

They're doing a balance pass on the old world factions now they've grown to even it all out.

it's called the "old world" update.

Biggest thing I see is that the AI Empire starts with a full provence now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

And playing a chaos campaign you get a lot more unit regeneration after the update which will help get things moving on a bit. Noting worse then having to stay encamped for 10 turns after every battle.

PC was down for the last while, so sorted now and looking to order 2, where's cheapest?

Rather get it somewhere legit to get pre-order bonus but norseca is €6ish so might get that seperatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Skaven finally confirmed for WHII

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

PC was down for the last while, so sorted now and looking to order 2, where's cheapest?

Rather get it somewhere legit to get pre-order bonus but norseca is €6ish so might get that seperatly.

Cheapest I've seen it is cdkeys for around €36

Next to that would be bundlestars for €50

I hate when they keep something secret like that and everyone knows what it's going to be, really anticlimactic.

I hate when they keep something secret like that and everyone knows what it's going to be, really anticlimactic.

Well I'm just glad they've finally confirmed it.

So... Skaven confirmed and the map has the lands of the Tomb Kings.

Now we just have to wait for someone to make a mini campaign mod remake of Shadow of the Horned Rat and Dark Omen :D

If they introduce tomb King, I hope the change the shuffle for the undead. It's good for vampires but would want it a little different for tomb kings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Totalbiscuit has been playing with a preview build of Total War: Warhammer 2:

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Skyte

Can I just say how much BS it is thay CA gave TotalBiscuit exclusive Q&A rights on his stream and they ****er has the gall to lock it down to his paying subscribers to ask questions only, he also didnt have a clue how to play the game also. (Not using groups, not using formations, half the time played in slow motion)

Skyte wrote: »
    Can I just say how much BS it is thay CA gave TotalBiscuit exclusive Q&A rights on his stream and they ****er has the gall to lock it down to his paying subscribers to ask questions only, he also didnt have a clue how to play the game also. (Not using groups, not using formations, half the time played in slow motion)

What. A. Bastard.

...no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Skyte wrote: »

I don't see how that's BS to be honest.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it out soon?

28th of September but I'm pretty happy with the Norsca dlc for now. All the new regiments of renown are nice in multiplayer too.

The Steel Faith Overhaul mod has been updated for the Norsca DLC and released this evening.

Well worth a look, makes it a bit more difficult and tweaks the lords and skill points. Quite modular with a few official submods including ones to help it work with Legendary Lords and Cataph's mods.

I've gone back to the 1st game now I have a working mouse wheel

What the f**k is up with the (default) Greenskins Campaign?
    After 20ish Turns the (default) Dwarves with their King just come down from the North/North-West to Barak Var/Blood River Valley and crush me, they have all these strong units, a huge army and they are armoured, and I have f**k all armour piercing units at that stage

Like the battles are me killing 50 of them and them kill 800 of mine
    I was having a grand ole time until then. Do I honestly need to spend the entire 1st 25 turns preparing for this specific attack?

It's happened like 3 times now :/

Is it the dwarfs or  Clan Angrund?
    If it's Clan Angrund AI is probably programmed to head for Skarsnik/Karak Eight Peaks asap and you might be in it's way.

Need to play more of this. The game has so much content.
    So far I've played campaigns as the Dwarfs, Vampire Counts and Empire. 
    Which means I still have 2 free races (Greenskins, Bretonnia) and 4 DLC (Chaos, elves, beast men, Norsca) races left to play. 
    That's not even counting the sub factions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Heffoman

What are the best mods to make this game easier?
    I have Brettonia and few others to complete and I d like an easier run at ti.

Remouad wrote: »
    Is it the dwarfs or  Clan Angrund?
    If it's Clan Angrund AI is probably programmed to head for Skarsnik/Karak Eight Peaks asap and you might be in it's way.

The Dwarves from up North, the lads with the King being carried around on a big chair.... the langer :mad:

Heffoman wrote: »
    Haven't tried these myself but should make things easier.
    • Agent cap - stops the AI from spamming agents.
    • No Aggressive Agents - AI agents can't attack/assassinate you.
    • Chaos Please Wait - delays the chaos invasion.

• Advertisement

Heffoman wrote: »

Most overhaul mods focus on adding more challenge to the game but you could get a collection of multiple smaller mods to make it a bit easier if you'd like

Home region movement bonus
    More skill points
    T4 minor settlements
    Better AI recruitment and army composition - Doesn't make the game easier but it stops AI from spamming units like ranged and artillery and forces the AI to build a more balanced army like you would expect.
    No aggressive agent - AI tends to spam agents are are pretty aggressive with them, Can be very annoying for some players. This mod disables all aggressive actions by agents of the AI.

These are just a few off the top of my head.
    There is some very good mods out there so watch a few youtube videos or just browse the workshop to find more :)

Edit: Im also looking for someone to start a new multiplayer campaign with. PM me if interested. Can start tonight.

There's a whole set of maps - Grand Campaign Custom Maps (GCCM) - that are much prettier and varied than the vanilla ones. Particularly the major cities, but also minor settlements, rivers, etc, etc. The AI isn't always the best at pathing on them, but I find them generally excellent. Search for GCCM on the workshop and you'll find them all - it's modular so you can add what you want and leave the others. I use pretty much all of them.

Other than that I use Steel Faith and the ones killanena listed... (Steel Faith has it's own version of More Skill points and Tier 4 minor settlements).

Better Campaign Map - Pretties up the campaign map a good bit.
    All Tabletop Lords - Adds more Lords to the Generals type, as per tabletop.
    Better Camera Mod - makes moving around on the battlefield easier and better.
    Legendary Lords Remastered Currently waiting for a fix between Steel Faith and this, but it changes the mastery points for the various Legendary Lords to be more interesting.
    Valuable Veterans - Leveling up your units now gives them much better bonuses to health leadership etc. Really like this one, your experienced units can be battle changers.

I'm sure there's a few more I've missed but that's most of them (along with the ones in the previous post).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

The Dwarves from up North, the lads with the King being carried around on a big chair.... the langer :mad:
    Great, now I can't stop picturing some Corkonian f***er in the middle of a giant battle finding the time, space and quiet to go off on an endless rant about "look at your man in the big chair over there, thinks he's great so he does, the langer, I'll show him, Mr Big Balls in his chair..." before getting cut off with a spear through the neck. :D

Sounds like something you'd see in Vikings or GoT :pac:

Ok, so I started a new Campaign as Carcassonne and TBH, I was liking it more. Just don't think my playstyle suits Greenskins.

Kind of annoying how it's hard to support 2 decent armies (upkeep cosy + peasant counting mechanic), kind of running back and forth defending with my 1 decent army now

F**k the lads in the Southern Realms. Myself and all the Bretonians and Empire lads and guys in the top left area are all in a big fu€k pile. All allied up and making joint wars etc and wrecking the gaf.... but these langers won't join the fu€k pile and they keep getting hit by loads of Beastmen who OF COURSE come up through Estalia and are knocking on my Capitals door within a turn or two... ughhhh

I've been going down the tech route of getting all these lads into my big confederacy, which is nice, actually playing a strong diplomacy game. Really liking my girls spells too :)

Me and the Wood Elves butted heads a bit early one, but they we all made peace but this one dude, so this dude now decides he wants to war, but his Army is OP, like all Dryads and Wardances and Eagles and they are just ripping me apart. How can the AI even sustain these big armies with like 1 town each :/

I keep utterly annihilating the Vampire Couts in fights (like some fights they have 4 separate stacks, not full) and I'm killing like 2,000 of them to their 500 of my lads killed... but becasue they rarely ever rout it's hard to actually beat them. Plus their dog things and bat things are hella annoying. And they seem to replenish fast so it's a total war of Attroition now.

They only have 1 province, I want them gone, so that whole place can become Human master-race

I've provided a detailed tactical run-down map below

4GuqxR9.jpg

Damn hard to follow that cracker of a post but thought you'd all like to know that all the DLC is 50% off in the humble bundle sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I really liked the picture 10/10

So just pre-ordered Warhammer 2.
    First preorder ever but got it for around half price so pretty sure I'm going to get my money's worth :D
    Also picked up wood elves and chaos so only missing beastmen which I'm not too fussed about.
    Might get it when I've finished my playthroughs of the other races.
    So in about 10 years or so :D

So just pre-ordered Warhammer 2.
    First preorder ever but got it for around half price so pretty sure I'm going to get my money's worth :D
    Also picked up wood elves and chaos so only missing beastmen which I'm not too fussed about.
    Might get it when I've finished my playthroughs of the other races.
    So in about 10 years or so :D

Where did you preorder?

eeguy wrote: »
    Where did you preorder?

Bundlestars.
    Work connection is through the UK so was able to order it in sterling.
    Paid £32.79 (~€36)
    Used Revolut so got really good exchange rate.

Bundlestars.
    Work connection is through the UK so was able to order it in sterling.
    Paid £32.79 (~€36)
    Used Revolut so got really good exchange rate.

Couldn't get the UK rate. Found it on CDkeys for 35.69. Much of a muchness :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement