Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warhammer: Total War

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

killanena wrote: »
    I'm loving WH TW 2. It runs so much better then the first one as well. Im getting 80+ fps on the highest settings at 1080p. In WH 1 I was getting just above 60 fps and the graphics have improved quite a bit!

What's the spec on your machine?

Just going by the benchmarks I'm getting similar to what I got in WH 1 - 80+ fps on high and 60+ fps on ultra.

That's with an i5 6500 and MSI RX 480 Gaming X

Strangely it defaulted me to ultra on WH1 and High on WH 2

Forgot to set the difficulty before I started my campaign last.

So was interested to see that there are actually 2 difficulty sliders in the options, one for campaign and one for battles.

has this always been there? I've always set the difficulty at the start before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,092 ✭✭✭Christy42

Remouad wrote: »
    Forgot to set the difficulty before I started my campaign last.

So was interested to see that there are actually 2 difficulty sliders in the options, one for campaign and one for battles.

has this always been there? I've always set the difficulty at the start before.

Certainly in other total wars. Did not actually pay attention to what I picked here. Normally I pick normal campaign and get tough battles. I still normally end up making a mess of diplomacy and end up with my military facing tough odds.:p

Never managed to make a lot of progress in these games through diplomacy (sending a load of armies in has however worked:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Works out around €420 - do they go by the current exchange rate or is it like steam prices.. lol :D

Just pay in GBP and you'll be fine... DO NOT pay in Euro on the Amazon website, they add a good 4-5c to the exchange rate if that's what you meant!

EDIT: One here at Novatech for a little less (£348 / €394), they don't deliver to Ireland but Parcel Motel wil ldo it for €3.95, so still just in under €400 in total: https://www.novatech.co.uk/products/zotac-geforce-gtx-1070-mini-8gb-gddr5-graphics-card/zt-p10700g-10m.html#utm_source=affiliatewindow&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=PCPartPicker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

What's the spec on your machine?

Just going by the benchmarks I'm getting similar to what I got in WH 1 - 80+ fps on high and 60+ fps on ultra.

That's with an i5 6500 and MSI RX 480 Gaming X

Strangely it defaulted me to ultra on WH1 and High on WH 2

FX8350 OC to 4.8ghz and a RX 480 4gb using the program cpu cores gives me an extra 10 fps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If I just buy it now I can get the Norseca right?

No code needed, just a legit steam code.

Varik wrote: »
    If I just buy it now I can get the Norseca right?

No code needed, just a legit steam code.

yep.

Amazon looks like the cheapest place to go for it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Total-War-Warhammer-Code-Steam/dp/B073SDJ7MK/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1506695908&sr=1-2&keywords=total+war+warhammer+2

I just got added code for Warhammer 2 and Norsca was automatically added to my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

High Elves here. They're vanilla as **** but their diplo and peace time options are really good.

Looking forward to Skaven. Apparently they're tricksy bastards.

I'm playing as Skaven. Die-die!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Can someone advise on my spec ?

I managed to increase the processor output from 2.6 to around 3.5 GHZ after enabling all 4 cores through Boot advanced options. (I hope that makes sense :pac:)

I had about 42 FPS at best with Warhammer Total war I.

Will Warhammer 2 run OK on this spec too ?

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Render-Only Device

Display Memory: 8097 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 4064 MB
    Shared Memory: 4032 MB

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz (up to 3.5GHZ really)
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 8064MB RAM
    Page File: 5404MB used, 4964MB available

Should have just bought it off Amazon, cdkeys ****ing me around.

• Advertisement

Should have just bought it off Amazon, cdkeys ****ing me around.

No way. I got mine there and got my code no bother. What's the issue?

eeguy wrote: »
    No way. I got mine there and got my code no bother. What's the issue?

No issue anymore, got a response.
    Got 2 emails in a response from the dispute on papal saying I've been refunded and a response from CDkeys.

Paypal was simple, you've got your refund dispute resolved.
    And then read the response from CDkeys, not only mentioning the refund but also giving me the game as a good will gesture free.

So after making a mistake a while ago with the humble bundle offer and then a technical issue screwing me now, I've got the game for free. They mentioned the delayed response was due to the volume of sales due to Fifa and forza, site traffic may have caused the checkout error as well.

...I've got the game for free...

And I thought I'd gotten a good deal!:D

Was fighting the skaven tonight.
    Zoomed in to look at the animations and pretty models when one of the clan rats said "Shameful display!"
    Made... my... day :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

been playing all the factions to see which ones i like better, tbh..

They're all good and all, but i wasn't too keen on any of them in particular, ye know the same way i loved the greenskins in the original, that was until i played the very last faction, the one i least expected to be deadly

The Cult of Pleasure..

they're great fun altogether :D

No issue anymore, got a response.
    Got 2 emails in a response from the dispute on papal saying I've been refunded and a response from CDkeys.

Paypal was simple, you've got your refund dispute resolved.
    And then read the response from CDkeys, not only mentioning the refund but also giving me the game as a good will gesture free.

So after making a mistake a while ago with the humble bundle offer and then a technical issue screwing me now, I've got the game for free. They mentioned the delayed response was due to the volume of sales due to Fifa and forza, site traffic may have caused the checkout error as well.

fair balls to CDkeys, and you for having the patience to get your game for free from them! Was half expecting a nasty ending there :D

fair balls to CDkeys, and you for having the patience to get your game for free from them! Was half expecting a nasty ending there :D

Bought it late so it was only 8 hours, but almost bought it off amazon a few times during the wait, was unsure if they'd refund me or I'd get the game and having 2 copies wouldn't have been the end of the world as I'd someone I could give it too for some co-op.

Really didn't expect it, saw the paypal email and just said right got refund now do I rebuy it off them and hope the fifa traffic has died down to get it this time or buy it off amazon. As good as Amazon or steam are I doubt either of them would have done the same, not that I'd expect them too. When ever there's a miss price I generally think a refund is fair rather than excepting the game for the wrong price.

Didn't get the norsca but I've got €40 saved from this to buy that and the wood elves during the next sales. Something to keep in mind certain offers like the early adopters are linked to keys supplied to certain retailers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

been playing it a few hours its good an all but i feel like i just payed 60 quid for what could have been an expansion pack/dlc..

Switched from skaven to high elves.

Anyone else think they're hugely OP?
    Seaguard have bows and spears, so you shoot the enemy right up till engagement then kill them in CQC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

i do miss the greenskins and Empire as playable :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

those poxy lizzard men armies are way to op, i have been wrecking an entire fight almost beat them then they frenzy and wipe me out ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Vampires in the the top left are dead. F**k em.

Unfortunately, it's only really me and Brettonia in that part of the map now, and they have like 5 provinces to my ~8, so i've let them become too strong for them to want to join my confederacy

Estalia got burned to the ground (I lol'd) by the Beastmen (annoys me how they just constantly respawn, total nuisance) so now I can swan in and occupy their town I thought.... tried it, got besieged, escaped by boat... I will be back, I need to lock down that avenue of approach, it's too near my capital.

The wood Elves keep making peace with me, which is fine.
    I hate fighting them as the units are OP since I cannot afford the upkeep of my best Cavalry units now...... BUT.... they end up warring with my allies way too much and I have to remain loyal and enter the war against them again and again

The Chaos have arrived and it looks like between them, Norsca, Greenskins and Vampire Lords that the Empire + Dwarves in the middle are having a tough time. Seems to be a lot of cities changing hands.

Joint wars are handy though, as I have a whole bunch of allies, so sending them all after 1 target is effective

Carcassone Sends Prays Your Way Empire.

Funny how the Chaos invasion only really affects you if you're Empire or Vampire Counts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Installing now, looking forward to giving it a go. I think the Lizardmen will be my first run.

Funny how the Chaos invasion only really affects you if you're Empire or Vampire Counts.

No idea about what happens if you play as them but they are certainly keeping Bretonnia pinned down for me.

Granted they seem to be sending a few armies my way (I am Vampire Counts) now that I over extended going after Goblins. Bloody tough little things. Less for their battle ability and more because their cities are awkward for me to get to and attrition is annoying.

No norsca from early adopter but price makes up for it.

No norsca from early adopter but price makes up for it.

Not going to matter in an hour or so.

Got a mail telling me that the early adopter offer is ending at 16:00(15:00 UTC) today.

So I picked the first one up on the cheap the other day but one thing I can't figure out is how to use reinforcements? Apparently you need both units within the enemy's zone of control, but you cannot enter the zone of control without starting a battle, which I can't make sense of. Likewise for attacking cities, I have tried leaving one in siege mode to get it inside the zone of control then attacking with the other, but that's not working either?

Getting some laugh out of that Franz lad from the Empire though, I'm not sure it was intentional but he sounds like such a belligerent child when he refuses to do something that it's hilarious. :D

• Advertisement

You have them just outside the zone of control. As close as you can get to the red outline.

Their position impacts where they start on the map, so if you have a reinforcing army you want to move then behind the enemy on the world map and they'll appear behind them on the battle map.

Billy86 wrote: »
    So I picked the first one up on the cheap the other day but one thing I can't figure out is how to use reinforcements? Apparently you need both units within the enemy's zone of control, but you cannot enter the zone of control without starting a battle, which I can't make sense of. Likewise for attacking cities, I have tried leaving one in siege mode to get it inside the zone of control then attacking with the other, but that's not working either?

Getting some laugh out of that Franz lad from the Empire though, I'm not sure it was intentional but he sounds like such a belligerent child when he refuses to do something that it's hilarious. :D

When an amry can reinforce you see a yellow line between them. So if you're attacking with an army they'll be yellow line from the near allied armies and the enemy and between you main army and then enemy.

As said with the red circles, also Items and skill to increase the reinforcement area.

I'm having fun with this so far playing as my Lizardmen (as Mazdamundi the Slaan).

Ordered my new GPU, should be here by Tuesday, so will let me hopefully enjoy the 1st game a hell of a lot more and justify getting the sequel (but I probably will wait till X-Mass as I need to stop buying so many games in Oct/Nov/Dec cause my family end up stuck for gift ideas for me then haha)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01IA9FEOO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Was having dreams last night about Carcassonne army formations versus Wood Elves :|

Started using the Nvidia Whisper mode, just locks the frame rate at between 30-60. They had the option before on laptops while on battery but now it's its own mode and set by game. Set this to 30 and GPU is running very cool and I'm fine with it for this game.

Not gonna lie, Chaos are getting real annoying real quick. Not sure how I can really expand with them and their various marauder buddies banging on the gates all the time. They tend to take multiple armies to take down given how tough their troops are.

If I do get a chance to expand there are plenty of ruins I can simply walk into at least. Maybe I should not have taken care of the empire and weakened Bretonia quite so quick.

• Advertisement

I always found it handy to let the Empire soak up the Chaos hoards until I could get an alliance or two for the proper attack to go clear them out.

How are the changes to 1, only been playing 2 lately but heard they updated the game to include some of the changes from 2.

Anyone find the loading times on WH2 atrocious?

Seems to take a minute to load into and out of battles.

I'm finding it slow alright but I was putting it down to having it installed on the HDD instead of SSD

I find loading times incredibly slow on most total war games if installed on a HDD. I installed warhammer 2 on my second SSD that I got recently and battles load within 10 seconds.

• Advertisement

killanena wrote: »
    I find loading times incredibly slow on most total war games if installed on a HDD. I installed warhammer 2 on my second SSD that I got recently and battles load within 10 seconds.

Looks like I'm gonna need a bigger SSD

giphy.gif

I've a 240gb SSD. Looks like TW:W 1 + 2 will put a SERIOUS dent in that when combined with Civ 6 and X-Com 2 when all the DLCs are factored in

Looks like I'm gonna need a bigger SSD

giphy.gif

Me too, looking at a new 500GB one for €140ish, the load times from my mechanical drive is a bit of a pain in the arse.

Crucial MX300 is handy for the extra size (525GB) and usually quite reasonably priced, it's the one mine runs off of and it very good.

Aye, the folks at Elara have one for €160 and free delivery seems like as good a deal as you'll find anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Mortal empire maps interview and comments sounds like half of lustria and a lot of the southlands are being cut from it. Also all that nosca snowy land to the east of Ulthuan is gone as that's open water to britonia and the lands north of Ulthuan are much further north now.

Miss spoke that area around ULthuan is all up north it's albion and the troll fords which not that near each other and much further north in the old world.

Link to the interview?

• Advertisement
Advertisement