Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warhammer: Total War

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Nathan G wrote: »
    Big question, is this total war game actually any good ?

I'd recommend it, maybe not at full price but that's more because I hate paying full price for anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'll be buying that :)

After over 300 hours i've only just figured out how awesome having more that 2 artillery units is

This DLC is very pricy for what it is. Seems like the roster has been pared back as well, which for a faction that didnt have a large or diverse roster to begin with is quite bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I don't think it will just be faction DLC like Rome 2, I think their will be new units for other factions also and maybe a mini-campaign or something.

There is a mini campaign. Not sure if theres units for other factions or if thats part of the free LC that was promised. Still doesnt seem worth it at full price to me. Im happy to wait a while and pick it up cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

Is Cloven Ones an alternative name for this race?

I think its worth €16 as even if I only get a 4th of the playtime I've gotten so far out of the vanilla game, it would be more playtime then I've gotten outta €50-€60 games in awhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Game keeps crashing when I try to continue campaign.

Started a new dwarf campaign last night with 20 mods and can't even continue now.

Same thing happened me before when they released the update and i lost my 150 turn Bretonnia campaign.

• Advertisement

eeguy wrote: »
    Game keeps crashing when I try to continue campaign.

Started a new dwarf campaign last night with 20 mods and can't even continue now.

Same thing happened me before when they released the update and i lost my 150 turn Bretonnia campaign.

Try it without the mods

killanena wrote: »
    I think its worth €16 as even if I only get a 4th of the playtime I've gotten so far out of the vanilla game, it would be more playtime then I've gotten outta €50-€60 games in awhile.

That was exactly how i rationalised it, 350+ hours already in the stock campaigns and havent even touched multiplayer or co-op yet

Try it without the mods

But the mods added new characters. Might break the game more.

Also you can't disable mods, only delete them, which is a massive pita

ye could always wait til the mods get updated but i'd say it's one or a few of them that's borked it

Beastmen campaign walkthrough video :)

But the mods added new characters. Might break the game more.

Also you can't disable mods, only delete them, which is a massive pita

You can disable mods, once you launch the game on steam in the TW launcher you can tick mods on and off. The campaign being played with the mods can't be played but you can play vanilla or with different mods.

• Advertisement

Beastmen gameplay (beastpath map)
    Looks good!

lots of free content this week as well as the pay DLC

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Upcoming_Free_Content_Update

lots of free content this week as well as the pay DLC

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Upcoming_Free_Content_Update

Looks amazing. Good spot

here's another i caught from the TW facebook page

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/takepart/time_commanders

Time Commanders is coming back to the beeb, powered by total war, i guess they'll be using the rome II/ Atilla versions as the Warhammer one would be a bit too fantastical - that is, unless CA have another TW game in the pipeline close to completion..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I notice they dropped the price from 20euro to 15 for the beastmen dlc.

• Advertisement

here's another i caught from the TW facebook page

http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/takepart/time_commanders

Time Commanders is coming back to the beeb, powered by total war, i guess they'll be using the rome II/ Atilla versions as the Warhammer one would be a bit too fantastical - that is, unless CA have another TW game in the pipeline close to completion..
    Time Commanders, Robot Wars... must be reboot season.

Is Time Commanders now obsolete, seeing as anyone can play it at home? The draw for me was the huge scope and scale of the battles, which is a basic feature in any TW game.

No idea, i thought it would have been a bit outdated myself, but they must have a demographic for it

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I notice they dropped the price from 20euro to 15 for the beastmen dlc.

Same price it was on steam last week when it went on sale, €15.74

Same price it was on steam last week when it went on sale, €15.74

The planned price was €20. I think they may have listened to people grumbling.

dunno what the plans were for it's price, i don't think it's changed in the last week though - it's got a 10% discount which is a preorder thing, so the fullwhack is 17.50 (edit: on steam)

The planned price was €20. I think they may have listened to people grumbling.

1 faction DLC that costs nearly half as much as the entire game?
    Cheaper to just buy the game at release, buy the GOTY or complete edition and then gift the original game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Cheaper to just buy the game at release, buy the GOTY or complete edition and then gift the original game.

This is what is stopping me getting the game. The small number of starting factions looks like they are going to bleed people dry for DLC per faction for years to come. I have been watching plenty of yotube videos on the game and it does look fun but I just don't want to support this bleed the customers dry approach. Maybe in a year or two with a nice big complilation for cheap I will get this game but the current pricing model is pretty disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

Can you get GOTY editions for TW games that include all the DLC? Don't they normally be releasing DLC for a couple of years so even by the time a complete edition was out, a new TW game wouldn't be too far away?

Here's the full summary of the free content & balance update this week

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

fair bit in there

I don't mind the price of the game, there is enough there for the price. I got the blood dlc but I'm not pushed on the rest. I'll get them cheap later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I don't mind the price of the game, there is enough there for the price. I got the blood dlc but I'm not pushed on the rest. I'll get them cheap later.

You dont need the Beastmen DLC unless you want to play as them. They are being included in the free update as npc opponents.

They sound terrifying the bastards.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    You dont need the Beastmen DLC unless you want to play as them. They are being included in the free update as npc opponents.

They sound terrifying the bastards.

Most dlc for any game is overpriced compared to the main game anyway.

There is a lot of factions in warhammer, so I figured the dlc would pile up. If they did less there would be less factions in the game, so I'll tolerate it for this title.

For sixty bucks you are getting a lot of gameplay.

For sixty bucks you are getting a lot of gameplay.

You are indeed.

I got Chaos for free with an early purchase but I do see them as vital to the game world really. Anything else (any other factions etc.) would really be for the die hards.

Its cool that they are including the beastmen for free as npc's, but its probably to appease people pissed off with the price of dlc.

Its cool that they are including the beastmen for free as npc's, but its probably to appease people pissed off with the price of dlc.

I'd say that was always part of the masterplan for them, they'd include the other races as AI (FreeLC)when they could and make people pay for them to be playable. I dunno though, i could be fanboying it.

Anyway, speaking of fanboying it..

yay for freeLC :)

Call of the Beastmen is live now ;)

i'll be streaming a bit here if anyone's interested

What is the f*cking point of having a mod manager if I have to wait a week for them to get updated everytime the game is updated.

Another game lost now, that makes 3 since I started playing.

What is the f*cking point of having a mod manager if I have to wait a week for them to get updated everytime the game is updated.

Another game lost now, that makes 3 since I started playing.

The mod manager is only to allow you ease of access to enable and disable mods and see which ones are there etc..
    The mods are made by the community, and as such wont have a proper schedule to coincide with game patches. Most times the mods just work anyway, but ye have to keep in mind, it's regular joe soaps like me and you that makes them, not Sega or CA

Just approaching the end of a mammoth campaign. You spend a good while mopping up the Skaeling and Varg filth!

Enjoyed it but not sure how much replay value there is for me. For some reason I dont particularly fancy playing as factions other than the Empire...

Will probably give this another go in a while. An excellent game though, and a fine addition to the Total War series. Warhammer has actually added tons of possibilities for the Total War franchise. A LOTR TW? GOT?

I wonder will they do a 40k version? Money in it i'm sure, though it might be too much of a departure for TW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I'll be honest I got bored and left my game, may go back to it at a future date.

• Advertisement

I wonder will they do a 40k version? Money in it i'm sure, though it might be too much of a departure for TW.

Sega already have Dawn of War for 40k. In fact DoW 3 should be coming soon

next dlc announced for the 20th of this month

The King and the Warlord

Greenskins and Stunties get some love with regiments of renown.. deadly!
    We'z gittin' Squigs Boyz! Seriously, they are. Squigherd and Squig hopper cavalry.

Details here
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_The_King_&_The_Warlord

and preview video here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Still havn't picked this up, looks so good anytime I see it.

Wonder if at this point I'm best waiting for the Steam Xmas sale?

Still waiting on Elves and Skaven.
    There was talk of Wood Elves being released this month.

Still, they could easily do another 20 DLC packs and still have units left over.

High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, Chaos Dwarves, Skaven etc.

I'd imagine they'll introduce the new continent for High Elves and possibly another for Lizardmen.

it's worth a buy if you can get it somewhere cheap, the dlc is mostly additional units and factions though so ye can pick whatever ye fancy or not.

It could be discounted in the steam chrimbo sale but ye never know.
    They've also been steadily releasing content for the game since it's launch, roughly one dlc or freelc a month, given that it's games workshop and the amount of stuff they can potentially add, they could be doing that for the next few years :D Which would mean the base game might get a discount but the dlc is where they're making their dough from. They've teased comments about Skaven so often too..

Still and all, it's worth a shot just as the stock game by itself if you like TW, doubly so if you like WH

oh, and speaking of freelc - this is being released free the same day the new DLC is

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Wurrzag_Da_Great_Green_Prophet

more greenskin luvs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I very nearly bought it last night. Held off, but i wouldn't be surprised if i do pick it up at some stage over the weekend. I'm on a Warhammer (mostly 40k) binge at the moment :P

Wood Elves DLC is up next, Dec 8th :)

https://youtu.be/hoiks2rQa9o

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Got myself a new laptop so just waiting for a sale of some sort to pull the trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Got myself a new laptop so just waiting for a sale of some sort to pull the trigger

The price of the DLCs are really putting me off, they're pricey.

I'll wait until Christmas and see if we can get them all 50% off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This was most likely getting purchased in the Steam Christmas Sale but with the WE DLC now announced it;s a definite.

• Advertisement
Advertisement