Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Sorter

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Am I right in saying that Bank of Ireland Baggot Street have a coin sorter machine that lodges directly into your account without charging commission. Do I need my bank card with me or just my account number?

Are there any other branches that have this facility?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi xalot,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

Yes this coin sorting machine is still available in Baggot street branch. As this is a pilot initiative, it is not currently available in other branches. With this machine, you use your debit card and the money is lodged into your account, a transaction fee would be charged to your account for the use of this.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Hi xalot,

Yes this coin sorting machine is still available in Baggot street branch. As this is a pilot initiative, it is not currently available in other branches. With this machine, you use your debit card and the money is lodged into your account, a transaction fee would be charged to your account for the use of this.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah, do you know offhand what the transaction fee is?

xalot wrote: »
    Hi xalot,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi xalot,

The transaction fee is currently 20 cent for transactions. This can be found on our fees and charges page here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Hi xalot,

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi xalot,

The transaction fee is currently 20 cent for transactions. This can be found on our fees and charges page here.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Is there any plans to roll this out in other branches, this would be a great function to have.

Hi jaggiebunnet,

Thank you for your post.

At the moment this service is only available in Baggot street branch. We will be sure to pass on your feedback to our branch network. If this is to be extended to other branches, we will be sure to let you know here and through our usual channels.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I would like to see this machine in Dundalk too...

the machine in Baggot Street has been out of action for a month now, is there indication of when it will be repaired?

the machine in Baggot Street has been out of action for a month now, is there indication of when it will be repaired?
    Hi xalot,

Thanks for your post. 

The branch has let us know that the machine has been out of order for a few days but that this has been requested to be fixed as soon as possible. We don't have a time frame for this, but please be assured it will be as quickly as possible. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

thanks Sarah, I have gone to the branch once a week since I first posted my query and each time it has been out of order so it's much longer than a couple of days....I have a large amount of coins and dont want to keep carrying them in only to find the machine doesn't work. Can you adivse me when it is fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi xalot, 

While we are unable to confirm the exact time frame when the maintenance will be carried out, we would like to assist you with an alternative. 

Please PM us with your name and contact number and we will be happy to contact the branch for you. 

To send a PM, please ensure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings and then click in the link in My Signature below to send the message. 

If you click on your username in the top right corner then go to Control Panel and finally Edit Options. You then need to make sure you have Enable Private Messaging ticket, as well as Show Signatures. You will then be able to send us a Private Message. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 
    Elaine 

• Advertisement

Hi xalot, 

While we are unable to confirm the exact time frame when the maintenance will be carried out, we would like to assist you with an alternative. 

Please PM us with your name and contact number and we will be happy to contact the branch for you. 

To send a PM, please ensure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings and then click in the link in My Signature below to send the message. 

If you click on your username in the top right corner then go to Control Panel and finally Edit Options. You then need to make sure you have Enable Private Messaging ticket, as well as Show Signatures. You will then be able to send us a Private Message. 

Looking forward to hearing from you, 
    Elaine 
    I have both selected but the link is not working and wont let me PM you. Can you PM me and I'll reply? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi xalot, 

We just sent you a PM. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Has this been fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi,

Am I right in saying that Bank of Ireland Baggot Street have a coin sorter machine that lodges directly into your account without charging commission. Do I need my bank card with me or just my account number?

Are there any other branches that have this facility?

Many thanks.
    Hi xalot,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

There is no longer a coin sorter in our Baggot st. branch. If this changes in the future we will be sure to let you know.

Thanks again,

Tara C

Advertisement