Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean your polytunnel with snow!

• 14-01-2015 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭

Just passing on a handy tip I discovered years ago when my kids would be scraping snow off the tunnel for snowballs and they all came away green! Get out there with a soft broom and pull down the snow from about 6ft up, scrubbing the plastic gently as you go. Then push up the rest of the snow as far as you can reach. Go inside and gently push up from below at the edge of the heaped snow and it should all slide down, bringing the moss with it :D

I know a lot of people clean their polytunnels regularly anyway, but mine is about 20 metres from an ash woodland and gets a right dose of pollen every year leading to a growth of moss that's a lot of effort to deal with when it's dry. The snow binds to the moss and the crystals make light work of cleaning it off, so get out there for 1/2 an hour with your broom! (hard brooms can be bound with a towel for safety).

Advertisement