Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out & want to close account

Options
  • 14-01-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi,

I have moved out of a rented apt and have submitted a meter reading. How do I :

Put the account back into the landlords name
    Chanel my direct debit once current bill is paid
    Close my account with you to get the deposit back that I paid a number of years ago when I was a new customer

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi timmythesheep,

Thanks for your post.
    How do I :

Put the account back into the landlords name
    Chanel my direct debit once current bill is paid
    Close my account with you to get the deposit back that I paid a number of years ago when I was a new customer

To put the account back into the landlord's name, you would first need to close your own account. To do this, you would need to contact us with:
    • Your name and account number
    • The date you will be moving out
    • The final meter reading (How to read your meter)
    • Your forwarding address
    • The landlord's name and phone number (these details are needed in order to prevent  the electricity from being disconnected)

If you currently pay by direct debit, any security deposit you initially paid should have been refunded already. Once your final bill is paid by direct debit, the direct debit would automatically be cancelled, so there wouldn't be any need to do this manually.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement