Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pulling Espresso

Options
  • 14-01-2015 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

So how are you pulling your espresso shots these days?

I'm weighing everything as I always have been but not keeping a keen eye on ratios. Played around with dosing down to around 17.5g and tightening the grind for longer (sweeter) extractions but finding that can sometimes kill the acidity.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Still 18g=>28g in 28 seconds or as close to that as I can make it for most beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

What are the experts doing these days? Seems that thoughts on espresso extraction are constantly changing. I'd love to have VST tools and be able to properly dial in the coffee but that's overkill for home use.

I remember Colin posting about what 3fe were doing last year with the EK43:
    We pre-dose a days service as close to 18.3g as possible. Our target yield for the espresso is 35g. This represents a ratio (not a percentage, Ben) of about 1.91. Our target extraction has risen above 20% and the TDS has dropped towards 7.5%

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coffeewanker

tried this recipe for jumbo espresso from Sweet Marias; 48g in two min
    tastes mighty

• Registered Users Posts: 3 coffeewanker

tried this recipe for jumbo espresso from Sweet Marias; 48g coffee and let it run for 2 min

tastes mighty

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

tried this recipe for jumbo espresso from Sweet Marias; 48g coffee and let it run for 2 min

tastes mighty

make sure to use jumbo beans though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

How the hell do you get 48g into a portafilter?!

Advertisement