Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Bin Charges

Options
  • 14-01-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what Panda are charging these days? I'm with Greenstar but see a few people have changed over to Panda.

Their website makes you put in your number so they can call you back. Personally hate that. why not just put the prices up!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

8.70 per black bin lift
    Can't remember the annual charge [ 100+ Euros ]

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

E55 each for green & brown bin for the year. 110 total.
    They collect them on alternate weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

so no cheaper? Don't see why people are moving so.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

As far as I know, there's only Panda in DCN - they took over from Fingal Co a few years ago.

no. We have greenstar currently. Panda took the Co Co stuff over.

Just FYI for people I rang Panda and they are basically charging €55 for the year and will give you free collections for 6 months. 8.70 a lift on the black bin after that. Green and brown are free. To avail of the €55 off the standard €110 you have to pay it upfront.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Vico1612 wrote: »
    8.70 per black bin lift
    Can't remember the annual charge [ 100+ Euros ]

Hmm I get charged nine something every time I go to buy a tag.

Are people being billed automatically or using tags?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I pay €55 twice a year and €9.35 per tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

peteb2 wrote: »
    Just FYI for people I rang Panda and they are basically charging €55 for the year and will give you free collections for 6 months. 8.70 a lift on the black bin after that. Green and brown are free. To avail of the €55 off the standard €110 you have to pay it upfront.

Would be handy if they had that on their website. I was looking around a couple of weeks ago as Greenstar were asking me to renew. I checked the Panda website, saw that they wanted you to talk to them to get a price. Feck that. I renewed with Greenstar.

timetogo wrote: »
    Would be handy if they had that on their website. I was looking around a couple of weeks ago as Greenstar were asking me to renew. I checked the Panda website, saw that they wanted you to talk to them to get a price. Feck that. I renewed with Greenstar.

Hence my initial rant.

How much did Greenstar charge you considering they're giving special deals for new customers? Or did they only offer the 12 month with 2 months free to knock your renewal date out to March!

Hence my initial rant.

How much did Greenstar charge you considering they're giving special deals for new customers? Or did they only offer the 12 month with 2 months free to knock your renewal date out to March!

Yeah, only the 2 months free. I signed up as my only options were Greenstar or Panda. If I couldn't get the prices for Panda and I had two months free with Greenstar I thought I might as well do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

People,
    before you renew with any of them MAKE SURE you read all the small print as there are some sneaky T&C's.

Such as?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Such as?

Contract lenght?
    Penalties for breaking contract?
    Do the terms in the contract specify the ongoing cost of lifting the bins though the duration of the contract?
    etc.etc.

You said "there are". Contract length is only 12 months. Because you pay annually for your service charge.
    Cost of lifts are fixed.
    nothing really else beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Wondering if anyone can advise on best deal at moment .We are with panda but have received leaflet from green star offering 6mths free (€65 a year after ) then €3.20 a lift .seems like a great deal but wondering what people think .Thanks (haven't really looked into it & worried about new laws in July of it'll end up costing more in long run )

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Love some info on greenstar too. Website seems very vague as to actual costs per lift.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Cost per lift will mean nothing in June afaik, everything is going per Kg. As far as I rmember green star is €8 or a lift with a €95 service charge and a fuel surcharge per month too, tbh they're all a rip off.

From my Greenstar (Fingal bill)

You pay a standing charge of €17.18 per quarter. (So that's €68.72 per year)
    + €1 per month for fuel surcharge.
    Then €2.8 basic per lift of your black bin.
    Then 25c per Kg.

That's from my last bill in Dec. My bin weighs 20Kg on average (that's pretty jammed in).

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DomhnallOg

From what I hear the Department has postponed the per kg charging requirement for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Then 25c per Kg.

That's from my last bill in Dec. My bin weighs 20Kg on average (that's pretty jammed in).

Are the brown and green bins free of charge regardless of number of lifts and weight?

• Advertisement

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Are the brown and green bins free of charge regardless of number of lifts and weight?

I dont think the brown bins are free. I don't have one.
    The green bins are free.

Then 25c per Kg.

Not doubting you but I don't think it was ever that price in 2014 for Greenstar. The basic lift on the black bin is €8 and some change. Per lift. Not on a weighted basis. And the annual charge was €110.

Yup my surcharge was €95 at least.

Not doubting you but I don't think it was ever that price in 2014 for Greenstar. The basic lift on the black bin is €8 and some change. Per lift. Not on a weighted basis. And the annual charge was €110.

Well I was reading that from my bill. I've been paying per KG for ages. I'm in Swords.

Maybe I'm on some discounted rate. I don't have a brown bin. I doubt that'd explain a 30 euro difference.

I have a compost bin instead. It's like a black hole. I've been throwing stuff into it for years and it seems to evaporate.

I'm in swords too, did you join recently? My bill outlines what kgs my bins are but its still a flat rate per bin. Brown bin should be free anyway.
    Actually could you have paid x as a deposit on the yearly rate and then the rest split over the year, they did that to me one year.

Ginny wrote: »
    I'm in swords too, did you join recently? My bill outlines what kgs my bins are but its still a flat rate per bin. Brown bin should be free anyway.
    Actually could you have paid x as a deposit on the yearly rate and then the rest split over the year, they did that to me one year.

Nope. I've been with Greenstar for years. Just had a look at my bill now. It has 62.50kg @ 25.00 cent per KG.

Actually the bill I have is from Oct. But it's always about the €40 per quarter mark for me.

Are you sure that 40 a quarter isnt your lifts? that's what mine would be.

From the horse mouth: Standard customers are on annual standing charge of €110, €8.50 for a general waste lift and €13.62 fuel surcharge every year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Is that Greenstar's? What about green and brown bins? Per kg rate?

• Advertisement

Greenstar dont charge by kg currently. and brown and green are free.

Advertisement