Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Bin Charges

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Because competition!

The CCPC decided that as part of the approval of the takeover another company must be take over the role of token competition and as such has nominated Greyhound to fill that role. So existing Greenstar customers are moved to Greyhound unless they want to join Panda.

Otherwise if they moved us to Panda than there would no longer be a competition because Greyhound would start with 0 customers, this way Greyhound starts with some customers.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Because competition!

The CCPC decided that as part of the approval of the takeover another company must be take over the role of token competition and as such has nominated Greyhound to fill that role. So existing Greenstar customers are moved to Greyhound unless they want to join Panda.

Otherwise if they moved us to Panda than there would no longer be a competition because Greyhound would start with 0 customers, this way Greyhound starts with some customers.

Dont panda own greyhound though?

Do you know something that the mandarins at CCPC don't?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you know something that the mandarins at CCPC don't?

No im likely confused as to who bought whom :)

You are not to far off, however.

While Greyhound is not owned by Panda, anything in the recycle bin's of greyhound is processed at the Panda facility as Greyhound does not operate their own recycling facility.

So in effect this is another joke our mandarins in the CCPC have come up with to give us the impression of competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I rang Panda this morning to see how much they are.
    Didn't even give me a price. The lady on the phone told me they're at capacity in my area.
    She'll pass my number to a supervisor and will ring me back if they find space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Are Panda and Greyhound the only options in Malahide? Want to move away from Panda but can't find anyone else serving the area, waiting on a callback from Greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Panda are the only option in Portrane though tbh, I'd never give my business to Greyhound after the way they handled the handover from DCC when we lived in Clontarf.

Advertisement