Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 435 - Cheapest Windows Phone Ever?*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

via Windows Central - Microsoft announces the super-affordable Lumia 435 and Lumia 532

Yes more low end devices, but glad to see them all the same - front cameras on both which the 630/530 as entry level on some networks didn't have. Front cameras appear important to a portion of the market who do the selfie thing (some/a lot of who will be in this target market), and I also thought it was a bit of a feature missing if comparing to low end androids. Whether such low end androids were any good or not is entirely different question. Think its a required feature too if people do the skype thing I guess. Hope the build quality remains 'firm' with them too.

Priced at €69/€79 should keep them competitive.

Maybe we'll see something more high end soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Part of me wants to get a Windows Phone again....but I think I would need slightly better specs. Tempting at that price point though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,654 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Part of me wants to get a Windows Phone again....but I think I would need slightly better specs. Tempting at that price point though!

Its probably the perfect "well I'll give it a try" device, although the 535 likely provides a better camera and screen experience.

Then again, the 735 is not much more expensive than that and is better all-round.

Then again again, the 830 is not much more expensive that *that* and is even better.

(This is how we end up spending 600 EUR on new phones)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

What's holding you back? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

MJohnston wrote: »
    Its probably the perfect "well I'll give it a try" device

Definitely, at that price it's perfect to jump in and give it a try. That's how a Lumia 520 at €50 got me in to the Windows Phone ecosystem. A few hundred quid later and I'm sitting with a Lumia 920 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Past experience probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Part of me wants to get a Windows Phone again....

This time get a proper Nokia Microsoft. Not one of those cheap clones like the likes of HTC Windows Phones :pac:

Advertisement