Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2.1m collected from parking charges in 2014

Options
  • 14-01-2015 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Waterford generated €2.1m in the city and the county in 2014.

€1.7m came from parking fees, and €379,000 from fines.

It spent €791,000 running the service.

A PROFIT OF €1.309 MILLION EURO

and now they want to charge for loading bays around the city from 12pm every day - hungry bastards!!!!!

Source - RTE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

jennygirl wrote: »

and now they want to charge for loading bays around the city from 12pm every day - hungry bastards!!!!!

Source - RTE

i dont really see the point in this, no parking charges will mean chaos, we have had this arguement over and over, personally and others think charges are reasonable, €1 per hour and 3.20 - 3.60 for full day, not bad. Others think they should come down lower, i wont argue with that i suppose but theree certainly needs to be a charge to prevent abuse, maintenance and to pay for street cleaners, bins, festivals (your wonderful councillors :)) etc etc.
    As for the loading bays, they are abused by people who use them for parking, not un/loading and added to that, it will hopefully mean deliveries done mostly in morning, then all day long.
    Not here to defend council but, they need money too to provide for the services.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Crankyflynn

Source - RTE[/QUOTE]

Well if you want to park in a LOADING BAY then you should pay for it. Nothing worse than driving the van or truck around the city centre in the middle of the day cos all the loading bays are full of cars.

But hey its ok, I am only running in there for a minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

Source - RTE

I did you ever think that this is not a sign they are hungry bastards it is a sign of the irresponsible way some people behave with regard to parking. If they followed the rules they would not get fined in the first place. Just because there are no free spaces where you want to park does not give you the right to cause an obstruction. I mean I have seen people literally try to park in front of the back gate to the Garda station in Ballybricken. I have seen somebody park up on the footpath at the entrance to River Island/City Square in the middle of the day. I have seen cars parked up on the footpath in front of houses literally a few inches from the front door causing the residents to be bearly able to get out their front door. and on and on and on... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Source - RTE

A profit that I am sure is put into other services. You should get some perspective.

Why would you be against a charge for parking in a loading bay?

Advertisement