Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre unavailable in Cork city centre

Options
  • 14-01-2015 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I live on a road very near Cork city centre that is almost equidistant from 3 different live fibre cabinets, about 400m from each. Yet Eircom line checker says efibre is not available. Can someone tell me if/when efibre will be available at this location.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

hesker wrote: »
    Hi,

I live on a road very near Cork city centre that is almost equidistant from 3 different live fibre cabinets, about 400m from each. Yet Eircom line checker says efibre is not available. House is located half way down St Francis Avenue which is just off College road. Can someone tell me if/when efibre will be available at this location.

http://goo.gl/maps/nUuJt

Thanks
    Hi hesker

To help me look in to this further for you please PM me your specific address and land line number if possible.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Al,

Any update on this

Thanks

Hi,

I live on a road very near Cork city centre that is almost equidistant from 3 different live fibre cabinets, about 400m from each. Yet Eircom line checker says efibre is not available. Can someone tell me if/when efibre will be available at this location.

Thanks
    Hi Hesker

Thanks for PM'ing this information

Having looked in to plans for your specific area and I'm sorry to confirm that lines in st Francis avenua are connected directly to the exchange so I’m sorry to say efibre is not available at present.

Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served via local efibre cabinets and utilise slightly different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing plans for efibre.

I'm afraid It's not possible to change a directly fed line on to existing VDSL cabinets however efibre operations have indeed confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that the plans will be implemented and available within 12 months. Apologies for any disappointment hesker.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭hesker

Al,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to order the "Up to 24MB" Broadband product online but the software will not accept my address or any alternative that I provided to you. Can you ask someone to update the database please so that I can order the product.

I would prefer to order online to avail of the online discount

Thanks

Al,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to order the "Up to 24MB" Broadband product online but the software will not accept my address or any alternative that I provided to you. Can you ask someone to update the database please so that I can order the product.

I would prefer to order online to avail of the online discount

Thanks
    Hi hesker

It looks like there is already an active account which could be blocking placing the order, free free to PM me your mobile number and I'll call to discus further

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement