Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Card was cancelled without my request

Options
  • 14-01-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

I was having trouble making a payment on Paypal on Monday. I called Banking365 who told me that there was no issue with my card or my account, and the problem was with PayPal. However every time I tried to pay on PP the message said the card holder had declined the payment.

So I called again and I was told there was a block on the card and the block had now been lifted. No idea why the block was on the card, just that it was there and now lifted, so online payment should work. However it did not. 

Called 365 AGAIN and I was told that the card had actually been reissued - in other words, cancelled and a new one sent out! I had not requested this nor was I told it was happening. My card still works in the ATM etc but it does not work for online payments. My eFlow payment also failed.

This is not acceptable and I had no explanation or help offered.

Please can you get in touch with me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi eviltimeban,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear that your card was cancelled.
    We would like to help you resolve this and would be happy to arrange a call back for you. Please send us a private message with your full name, contact number and account holding branch, we will then pass this on for a representative who has account access to look into this for you. Please click on the link in my signature below to send a private message to us. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi eviltimeban,

We have received your private message and have replied to you now.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement