Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom contract

Options
  • 14-01-2015 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I subscribed to the e-fibre in Jan 2014 and was advised that I was now on a 18 month contract. In June 2014 I was offered a 6 month trail of evision which I accepted this on the basis that this wouldn't effect  my current contract (the questioned the agent regarding this and she advised me that it would have no effect).

I cancelled the evision within the 6 month period and I now find that my contract has been extended to December 2015 i.e. 18 months from the date of the evision trail. 

Can you advise me why the contract has been extended and were this is covered in the contact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

REPORTED TODAY THEY ARE PUTTING THIER PRICES UP 5 EURO A MONTH. LETTERS TO CUSTOMERS IN THE POST. WE ARE IN AN 18 MONTH BUNDLE AND AFTER I SPOKE TO THEM TODAY, THEY ADMITTED THEY ARE BREACHING THE CONTACT THEY HAVE WITH ME, AND I CAN LEAVE THEM WITHIN 30 DAYS IF I WISH. WONDER IF I BROKE MY TERMS, WOULD THEY BE AS ACCOMMODATING.....SOUR TASTE AFTER RECIEVING A DECENT SERVICE OVER LAST 6 MONTHS. I SWORE 10 YEARS AGO ID NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN, BUT RELUCTANTLY AGREED, AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENS !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

kranbo wrote: »
    I subscribed to the e-fibre in Jan 2014 and was advised that I was now on a 18 month contract. In June 2014 I was offered a 6 month trail of evision which I accepted this on the basis that this wouldn't effect  my current contract (the questioned the agent regarding this and she advised me that it would have no effect).

I cancelled the evision within the 6 month period and I now find that my contract has been extended to December 2015 i.e. 18 months from the date of the evision trail. 

Can you advise me why the contract has been extended and were this is covered in the contact?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi kranbo

If you had been advised that the existing contract would not be renewed by the trial of evision then you will have grounds to lodge an official complain which will be escalated to be investigated. To lodge an official complaint please contact eircoms accounts on free phone 1901. Once a complaint is lodged you it will be investigated over a 10 day period and upon completion you will be contacted by a manager in complaints.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Al

Thanks for your reply, however now that Eircom are increasing their prices (for the 2nd time in 4 months) I can now cancel without the hassle of contacting your very frustrating customer accounts dept

Hi kranbo

If you had been advised that the existing contract would not be renewed by the trial of evision then you will have grounds to lodge an official complain which will be escalated to be investigated. To lodge an official complaint please contact eircoms accounts on free phone 1901. Once a complaint is lodged you it will be investigated over a 10 day period and upon completion you will be contacted by a manager in complaints.

Thanks
    Al

Al

Thanks for your reply, however now that Eircom are increasing their prices (for the 2nd time in 4 months) I can now cancel without the hassle of contacting your very frustrating customer accounts dept

Hi kranbo

Thanks
    Al
    Hi kranbo

While you can cancel as a result of the price changes you will still need to contact eircoms cancellations team to arrange this,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Al

Hi kranbo

Thanks
    Al
    Hi kranbo

While you can cancel as a result of the price changes you will still need to contact eircoms cancellations team to arrange this,

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

Sky are telling me they can look after all the details with transfer etc - is this correct?

Regards

Kranbo

• Advertisement

Al

Hi kranbo

Thanks
    Al
    Hi kranbo

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al

Sky are telling me they can look after all the details with transfer etc - is this correct?

Regards

Kranbo
    Hi Kranbo

While Sky can take over your service you will still need to provide notification of your intention to cease service with eircom as a result of the price changes to eircoms cancellations team on free phone 1901

Thanks
    AL

Advertisement