Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old account never closed

Options
  • 14-01-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an old BOI current account that i actually never closed (forgot all about it).  My brother is living where i used to live and told me there was post for me and turns out it was a statement for this account. It shows balance carried forward from 2006 and then quarterly fees from 2014.

There is still approx €25 in this account that I would like to get and close the account. I have no card for this account but do have the account details.

Whats the best way to close this account and get my money.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi flanders2006,

Thank you for contacting us on Boards.

You can call into any Bank of Ireland branch to close your account – you will need Photo identification (Passport, Driving Licence) and your account details and express your request to close this account.

Alternatively you can close your account by written request by letter only (an email/fax will not be accepted) – please post this to your branch. You can find the contact details for your branch here.

Should you have a balance left in your account (over €5) please advise the branch what to do with the funds:

If you require the balance to be issued to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made payable to.

If you require the balance to be transferred to a replacement account, we will require details of the beneficiary account i.e. sort code, account number, account name, IBAN & BIC code.

Please note, if you are currently signed up for eStatements, please ensure to switch back to paper statements before having the account closed. This will ensure you are able to receive your closing statement. Once an account has closed it is automatically removed from online access.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you need help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement