Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can I see a dormant account on my Operational Internet banking page?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently accidentally transferred my total holiday money into a dormant account instead of my savings acc.

If I an put the money in then it's operational . Now I can't take the money out as it's dormant.
    I can't make the account operational without a trip to the bank.!!

Perhaps no action should be allowed on a dormant account? It would save a lot of grief. I expect I'm not the only person to lose funds in this way.
    If technically it is impossible to allow no action. Then perhaps highlighting the dormant account in RED might be good?

Just a suggestion.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

watchdogev wrote: »
    I recently accidentally transferred my total holiday money into a dormant account instead of my savings acc.

If I an put the money in then it's operational . Now I can't take the money out as it's dormant.
    I can't make the account operational without a trip to the bank.!!

Perhaps no action should be allowed on a dormant account? It would save a lot of grief. I expect I'm not the only person to lose funds in this way.
    If technically it is impossible to allow no action. Then perhaps highlighting the dormant account in RED might be good?

Just a suggestion.
    Hi watchdogev,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

When your account is dormant, it is possible to still receive payments into it, however it is not possible to transfer out of it without re-activating the account first. Please call into your branch with a photo ID such as a passport or driving license and a proof of address such as a recent utility bill. A representative will be happy to help you re-activate the account. The account will still appear on Bank of Ireland 365 Online, unless you request to remove this.

If you wish to remove the account from viewing online after you have transferred the funds back out of it, please send a message when you are logged in to your account: Select the Online Service Desk option and then Ask a Question. Our representatives can then remove the account for you.

Thank you for your suggestion regrading the display of dormant accounts online, we will certainly pass on your feedback to our 365 Online team for consideration.

If you need help with any other query please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement