Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car hire Poitiers airport?

• 14-01-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi I'm flying into poitiers airport, france on a sunday at the end of June & am having trouble getting a hire car!
    Seems as if nothing opens in france on a sunday .
    Anyone have any experience of this?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Uncle Ben

liamhana wrote: »
    Hi I'm flying into poitiers airport, france on a sunday at the end of June & am having trouble getting a hire car!
    Seems as if nothing opens in france on a sunday .
    Anyone have any experience of this?
    thanks

I haven't experience of French airports however from my travels in France, a lot of places do actually shut on Sundays, if not for the whole day, certainly half days. This would include garages, restaurants, shops, etc. Make sure you have some cash also if you're away from urban areas as you could also be caught short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I'm sure I once heard of an agency opening specially on a Sunday but for a surcharge. I often use Argus Car Hire for France and they have a Dublin number (01 488 0057). Maybe give them a call and see what they say?

Bad and all as the closing on Sunday can be, believe me it is a bit better than it was years ago. It was practically impossible get petrol anywhere until some 24 hour stations taking debit cards arrived on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lh1964

Hi.Just wondering if you managed to hire car on a Sunday in Poitiers airport ? Having similiar problem and have already booked flights.We also wish to drop it back in Bordeaux airport which seems awkward also .Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭liamhana

yes - enterprise.fr or atlas choice website (which books via enterprise at a cheaper rate)

Advertisement