Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

silly question about bank transfers

Options
  • 14-01-2015 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hi
    As per the title ive a probably stupid question to ask
    basically I need to pay someone for a service using a bank transfer. I've never done this only made lodgements to accounts or just used paypal.

Is it the same as a lodgement, as in just fill out the relevant slip in the bank?

Also I asked the person to send their bank details so I could set it up and instead of sending the name of their bank or account number they sent their iban and bic number? Is this all I need? Will my bank (ptsb) ve able to transfer money with only this info and her name?

Sorry again for the daft question im not familiar with the new sepa banking system or bank transfers and I dont want to look like an idiot in the bank so thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Yup, these days all you need is the IBAN, BIC and name. I've even had money transferred from the US using those details only.

You can do it on your online banking if you wanted to save a trip to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Thats brilliant I hadn't a clue about it ill do it online so , Thanks so much for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

With PTSB I think you have to request the branch to set up your online payee if you want to pay them anything other than Euro

As long as your payment is in Euro, you can do it on your own, online.

(If you need to pay in a different currency, you could always use one of the many online payment companies such as transferwise)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Its euros im paying so I should be ok but thats good to know thanks

Advertisement