Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does one go about organising an event?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

and is it expensive? Have an idea and have started talking to relevant parties. Is insurance expensive? and do standby paramedics usually cost a lot?Am thinking of a sports complex to avoid the expense of partial road closures or diversions. Any general advice appreciated.
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Check out this thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64641371

Now while not everything listed here is necessary it gives you an idea of what's involved. In short I would say, yes, it is expensive and there are easier ways to raise money for a charity (I presume that what the race is for).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Thank you , oh looks very complex :( it's for charity? well sort of , actually part of a wider festival, not really for profit.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Thank you , oh looks very complex :( it's for charity? well sort of , actually part of a wider festival, not really for profit.....

As I said that is a very comprehensive list and you wouldn't find all those things at every race, but there is a lot of organisation in a road race (I say this as someone who is on a club committee that organises several races a year, including a road race). For our own road race we have a committee of five or six people, then on the day we would have 5 or 6 more helping out with organisation and then another 10-12 at least on marshaling duties. It's not just as simple as having a stopwatch and a staring gun! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

If its a for charity race then advertise it as a fun run and not as a race. Contact your local club for advise on what you defo need and what you can do without.

Advertisement