Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line Activation\Broadband line test query

Options
  • 14-01-2015 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am having some problems with a line test for broadband and would like to get some answers around procedure and ETAs in relation to such.

I ordered an Eircom line on the 19/12/14 which was activated at the local exchange by an on-site engineer (it was a previously  existing line/number) on 02/01/2015. I contacted yourselves that day to apply for a phone/broadband package and was told that the line test could take up to 48 hours and to try again at the appropriate time. The line has been activated however the broadband line test still hasn't been completed which means I am unable to order the service. Having called several times I was told there was no ETA and that the matter has been escalated (3rd escalation now I believe). The last time I called I was told I would receive communication from the relevant department about this but I have heard nothing back.

I may be wrong but is a line test some manner of glorified ping? I understand a backlog may exist due the Christmas period but I am getting a little annoyed that something potentially so simple is taking so long with no solution or information offered aside from 'wait and see'.

Can someone please inform me as to a standard ETA and also what the broadband line test physically consists of; i.e. is it a lot more complex than my understanding and would warrant several weeks?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Any of the staff I spoke with were very polite and as helpful as they could be; they seemingly did not have the information I needed and as such the department/persons who should be dealing with this are making them look quite poor as a result.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi folks,

I am having some problems with a line test for broadband and would like to get some answers around procedure and ETAs in relation to such.

I ordered an Eircom line on the 19/12/14 which was activated at the local exchange by an on-site engineer (it was a previously  existing line/number) on 02/01/2015. I contacted yourselves that day to apply for a phone/broadband package and was told that the line test could take up to 48 hours and to try again at the appropriate time. The line has been activated however the broadband line test still hasn't been completed which means I am unable to order the service. Having called several times I was told there was no ETA and that the matter has been escalated (3rd escalation now I believe). The last time I called I was told I would receive communication from the relevant department about this but I have heard nothing back.

I may be wrong but is a line test some manner of glorified ping? I understand a backlog may exist due the Christmas period but I am getting a little annoyed that something potentially so simple is taking so long with no solution or information offered aside from 'wait and see'.

Can someone please inform me as to a standard ETA and also what the broadband line test physically consists of; i.e. is it a lot more complex than my understanding and would warrant several weeks?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Any of the staff I spoke with were very polite and as helpful as they could be; they seemingly did not have the information I needed and as such the department/persons who should be dealing with this are making them look quite poor as a result.
    Hello sakimotosan

I am sorry to hear of these delays and apologise for any inconvenience created. The standard ETA for a line tests can take approximately 48 hours to 10 working days and in some cases longer when there are further technical issues in hand.

Please do PM me the number you have requested the test on and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭sakimotosan

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.

Hello sakimotosan

I am sorry to hear of these delays and apologise for any inconvenience created. The standard ETA for a line tests can take approximately 48 hours to 10 working days and in some cases longer when there are further technical issues in hand.

Please do PM me the number you have requested the test on and I'll look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Thank you for your response; I have sent on the relevant details and look forward to hearing back.

Cheers! :)

Hi folks,

Thanks in advance.

Hello sakimotosan

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

Thank you for your response; I have sent on the relevant details and look forward to hearing back.

Cheers! :)
    Hi sakimotosan

The number you PM'd me is not being recognised as an active line, are you sure you PM'd the correct number? If you have an account or oder number this would clear things up right away.

Thanks
    Al

hi Al,

Apologies;  I forgot to add the '93' prefix the local number.
    I have sent the updated number in PM.

Thanks.

Also I don't yet have an account number; something which I was told on ordering that I should have in a few days; hence me calling to see were there any issues delaying this.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Also I don't yet have an account number; something which I was told on ordering that I should have in a few days; hence me calling to see were there any issues delaying this.

Thanks again.
    Thanks sakimotosan

Please leave this with me and I'll get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Al

Thanks again.
    Thanks sakimotosan

Please leave this with me and I'll get back to you as soon as I have further information.

Al
    Hi Al,

Just a quick update; I was able to resolve this via the loyalty team.
    It was a good job I got in touch with them as there had been a broadband package ordered on my behalf that I was unaware of (and not happy with) and also I was to be charged full installation cost for line activation; something which I was told at time of purchase would be free. I'm waiting for the router etc. to arrive  so hopefully everything else goes smoothly.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks again.
    Thanks sakimotosan

Al
    Hi Al,

Just a quick update; I was able to resolve this via the loyalty team.
    It was a good job I got in touch with them as there had been a broadband package ordered on my behalf that I was unaware of (and not happy with) and also I was to be charged full installation cost for line activation; something which I was told at time of purchase would be free. I'm waiting for the router etc. to arrive  so hopefully everything else goes smoothly.

Thanks again.
    Thanks for the update sakimotosan, I will let Al know. If you have any further issue just let us know here.
    Tony

Thanks for letting me know sakimotosan

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement