Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Cullen Park rebranding / renaming

Options
  • 14-01-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just heard something interesting & (not)funny - Dr Cullen Park is to be renamed as a result of a major sponsorship deal with a local security company.

I dunno how everyone feels about this, but wait until you hear the proposed name of it!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Just heard something interesting & (not)funny - Dr Cullen Park is to be renamed as a result of a major sponsorship deal with a local security company.

I dunno how everyone feels about this, but wait until you hear the proposed name of it!!

Can they just go ahead & do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johann johannson

Well, its got the green light and its going ahead, so yeah, i guess they can do what they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Really. That's a shame I wonder what company. I thing it will be like the point in Dublin and landsdown rd. A lot still don't call them 3 arena and aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

from what ive heard its to be renamed...wait for it.... netwatch cullen park :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

New to this but I'm guessing Personal Trainer (I should probably be able "Tag" you right....?) but I'm guessing you saw my tweet re same so? :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

There are two new sponsors for jerseys too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

from what ive heard its to be renamed...wait for it.... netwatch cullen park :eek:

And what problem do you have with it?

It's more money at least towards the development of the County GAA!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

And what problem do you have with it?

It's more money at least towards the development of the County GAA!

Ehh, cause it sounds ridiculous. I'm all for local company's getting some sort of advertising or benefit from supporting a team, but do you really think renaming the county grounds was appropriate? What happens when their sponsorship deal runs out, the grounds get renamed again & again & again.
    I do hope they've given serious investment for that entitlement, would be interested to know .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

It's a thing already in Intercounty Gaa circles > Kingspan Breffni Park for example. So Netwatch Dr. Cullen Pk. would follow on from that if it becomes a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

denis160 wrote: »
    Ehh, cause it sounds ridiculous. I'm all for local company's getting some sort of advertising or benefit from supporting a team, but do you really think renaming the county grounds was appropriate? What happens when their sponsorship deal runs out, the grounds get renamed again & again & again.
    I do hope they've given serious investment for that entitlement, would be interested to know .

Who cares what its called? It will always be known as Dr Cullen park to the locals.

Its what the teams do on the pitch that matters.

If it meant getting past the provincial stages, i wouldn't care if we played at the One Direction Superdome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭CarlowPerth

Really have to give it to the County Board in the past few months. Appointing Carlow men who love the county to the managerial positions already seems to be paying dividends. Also heard the new jersey is going to try remove the jokes that are normally levelled at our jersey. Renaming Dr Cullen Park is another step in the right direction as it will pay for the lights that are planned....Great to see Carlow setting the standard!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It seems the GAA Congress is coming to Carlow too, all good!
    "It was announced at last nights Annual 25th GAA awards that Carlow will host the 2016 @officialgaa Congress"

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭newg300

The funding for the installation of lights is being paid out of Leinster Council funding, as far as I was aware, not from private sponsorship.

Also, the switch to a green jersey is terrible. And the hurlers lined out in a in a three-year-old template from another county last Sunday, hardly progressive now is it? Dropping your identity because of a few jokes stinks of small-time mentality. We should be making the traditional jersey something to be feared rather than bowing down to others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

It'll probably end up like ESB/Electric Ireland or more locally SuperQuinn/SuperValu where the majority of people will just refer to it by the old name anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Dr Cullen Park is so well known though. If the players were to share in the money though I'd be for it, but this clearly won't be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

The new jersey is pretty nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

iano.p wrote: »
    The new jersey is pretty nice.

It's allright. But not a Carlow jersey imo, have they decided to change our colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,636 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Advertisement