Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dodgy diesel in kilmacanogue??

• 14-01-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Anyone recently in the last fortnight bought diesel in kilmacanogue and having serious engine problems? I've an 11 focus which runs like a dream and in the last week having topped up with diesel from a garage in kilmac am having engine malfunctioning and misfiring. My mechanic who is highly trusted has told me the problem and I'm absolutely disgusted that a "reputable" garage can do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JohnDx

Was it the garage that was recently refurbished that you filled up at?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 roomwithaview

JohnDx wrote: »
    Was it the garage that was recently refurbished that you filled up at?

No.... Another one :/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Is that the only garage that you have used?

Perhaps issues caused by poor quality diesel from a garage used sometime ago are only surfacing now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Washed diesel is making its way into alot of tanks on forecourts everywhere. Bad fuel takes down a motor very quick.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Bad fuel takes down a motor very quick.

I would think that it is fair to say that the more "washed" diesel is the quicker it takes an engine down. Therefore it would follow that fuel that is only very slightly contaminated may cause damage that would not be immediately apparent.

My point is that it can be hard to pinpoint the source of washed fuel with absolute certainty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Put €20 Diesel from there last night done about 50km no issues will keep and eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Is it either of the 2 stations on the n11 that are opposite to each other?

I've put a few 20 quids in the topaz in the past week - van is going ok - any light to be shed on the station in question?

Advertisement