Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way of speeding up a withdrawal?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

I was looking to withdraw money from my 365 monthly saver account, I have 2 accounts, one which is a 30 day access account and the other didn't specify. When I went to withdraw money it mentioned a one working day time for this to be processed. After the first day I rang customer service to be told that it takes a week for the money to appear in my current account. I went back and looked and it's mentioned on faqs on the website but was not made clear when I set up this account.
    Is there any way to speed up this process or will it take exactly 7 working days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hey Arnold320, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear that there has been some confusion regarding the notice period on your 365 Online Saver account. 

We can confirm that this type of account would require a notice period of 7 calendar days for a withdrawal. The start date of the notice period will always be the first working day after your withdrawal was requested. For example, if you provided your notice on a Sunday, your notice period of 7 calendar days will begin on the Monday. 

When you make an application Online for a Savings product, any notice periods are detailed within the 'Product Information' page prior to the start of the account opening process. The terms and conditions are also located on the application. 

Regrettably, it is not possible to speed up the withdrawal notice period. However, we do offer savings products which to not require notice and may be of interest to you for the future. You can find more information on these Demand Deposit accounts here on our website. 

We hope this helps and if there is anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement