Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with Xbox Live Services?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues with sections of Xbox Live?

I cant access the achievements section "Please try again later"

Also the main http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status is throwing a server error.

Just me?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

logik wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with sections of Xbox Live?

I cant access the achievements section "Please try again later"

Also the main http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status is throwing a server error.

Just me?

The entire support section is throwing out that error. I haven't tried to use Live yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

CatInABox wrote: »
    The entire support section is throwing out that error. I haven't tried to use Live yet though.

Yeah, very odd, cant access certain sections on the xbox either... Nothing on twitter from their support team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Again with the issues on Live :mad:
    Accessing or retrieving data stored using cloud storage
    Posting game performance or viewing the performance of other Xbox Live members
    Unlocking achievements
    Viewing achievements

Hi Xbox members, we’re aware that some users are currently experiencing issues with Leaderboards and Achievements. Additionally we are aware that users are unable to upload Worlds in Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition. Our team is engaged and working hard to get these issues fixed ASAP. Thanks for staying patient while we work! We’ll let you know as soon as we have more information.

calex71 wrote: »
    Again with the issues on Live :mad:

Very annoying to say the least. Happening a little bit to much at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Happened to me too. Seems to have reset my progress on diablo 3 achievement progress

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I should have had a few achievements pop in Styx there and nothing, very annoying. Hopefully they pop when they have the problems sorted :mad:

Just realized its reset !y progress on SO also. What a pile of cock

There is an alert on xblox live errors for the problem so will hopefully get sorted

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I should have had a few achievements pop in Styx there and nothing, very annoying. Hopefully they pop when they have the problems sorted :mad:

Snap the achievements app, any you unlocked, should say "done, unlocking!!!!" if you highlight it. Doesn't work if you view in the app full screen or for certain types of achievements / games I've noticed but I've 3 or 4 stuck like that now in lego batman , they will likely unlock over night.

Still not fixed this morning...

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

Seriously, thats crazy, what the hell has happened to Microsoft and their Live service. It used to be bullet proof. I know the hacking over christmas was not their fault but there have been a number of other problems on the service over the past few months.

I was chatting with them on Twitter last night to find out about this issue and I was querying will achievements be lost or what? Their response is below:

From @XboxSupport: Very sorry for the frustration - we have teams working on the achievements issues now. It may take up to 48 hours to fully sync once fixed, but you'll earn credit for all achievements earned in this time :)

Earn credit? WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Still not fixed this morning...

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-live-status

Seriously, thats crazy, what the hell has happened to Microsoft and their Live service. It used to be bullet proof. I know the hacking over christmas was not their fault but there have been a number of other problems on the service over the past few months.

I was chatting with them on Twitter last night to find out about this issue and I was querying will achievements be lost or what? Their response is below:

From @XboxSupport: Very sorry for the frustration - we have teams working on the achievements issues now. It may take up to 48 hours to fully sync once fixed, but you'll earn credit for all achievements earned in this time :)

Earn credit? WTF?

It's pretty poor. Running a cloud service is pretty hard, but considering the people that they have working for them, I would have thought that they'd get it stable after a year of trying.

Generally when the achievements crash out like this, any that you earn in the meantime will unlock when the service comes back up. That's what the support is talking about.

Also, just a little bugbear of mine, but neither Xbox Live or PSN was hacked. Hacking requires some intelligence, all that lizard squad did was run a script, and most likely, they spent money to do it too.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Also, just a little bugbear of mine, but neither Xbox Live or PSN was hacked. Hacking requires some intelligence, all that lizard squad did was run a script, and most likely, they spent money to do it too.

Yes, good point, you are right a DDOS attack requires nothing but access to a computer.

I agree that working with the cloud can be difficult, I am involved with it in work myself but as you have rightly stated, with the staff and money they have now, it should be stable at this stage. And if not stable, that the issue should at least be fixed after almost 17 hours.

It was reported on the service alert at 17:39 GMT but mine was having issues earlier than this.

Yes, good point, you are right a DDOS attack requires nothing but access to a computer.

It's only a bugbear of mine because I think end users can be confused by it.

I think it's kind of like the "Boy who cried Wolf" story, someone who doesn't work in IT hears about Xbox Live being "hacked" and while it's annoying that they can't play their games, it doesn't really affect them. Then they hear about some other website being hacked, and they don't realise that their credit card details, along with their passwords, are being passed around for fun.

I had one unlock over night , jsut checked there and there are still a few sat on "Done, unlocking!" on the snapped achievement app.

I'm reluctant to play on in Lego Batman for the minute as those games can be notoriously buggy regards achievements and a lot of work in the 1st place.

I had one unlock over night , jsut checked there and there are still a few sat on "Done, unlocking!" on the snapped achievement app.

I'm reluctant to play on in Lego Batman for the minute as those games can be notoriously buggy regards achievements and a lot of work in the 1st place.

Must check mine again at lunch. I stopped playing last night once I coped the issue, but at that stage I should have had 3/4 achievements.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

When I snapped the app all the achievements said 0%. Hopefully they'll still pop.

I thought MS handled the DDos attack pretty well myself when you compare it to PSN which was down much longer. Still though, these service issues are way too common for my liking.

When I snapped the app all the achievements said 0%. Hopefully they'll still pop.

From what I got from Twitter last night they said they will pop but no idea when. Must be a fairly big issue with the cloud services if it has been down for coming up on 19 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

It's not just the achievements I've found after initially being a steaming pile of poo, the party system worked great but it's recently been completely unreliable again.

My achievements seem to be back working

stuchyg wrote: »
    My achievements seem to be back working

I will check in the next hour and see what state mine are in but according to Twitter and the Microsoft Support site the issue is still present.

• Advertisement

I got an achievement there just now but the ones I should have gotten yesterday haven't popped.

I got an achievement there just now but the ones I should have gotten yesterday haven't popped.

I was home at lunch and checked mine. My achievements from yesterday have all reset.

I should have gotten 4 achievements in assassins creed but they are showing as reset. I even tested it by beginning one them again and it is registering now but showing at 10% complete so I lost my progress from yesterday.

Glad I stopped playing when I noticed the issue.

I was home at lunch and checked mine. My achievements from yesterday have all reset.

I should have gotten 4 achievements in assassins creed but they are showing as reset. I even tested it by beginning one them again and it is registering now but showing at 10% complete so I lost my progress from yesterday.

Glad I stopped playing when I noticed the issue.

One of the ones I did was for completing a mission, I was hoping the fact that I am now playing the following mission it would have popped but it looks like I will have to replay it again.

One of the ones I did was for completing a mission, I was hoping the fact that I am now playing the following mission it would have popped but it looks like I will have to replay it again.

Yeah, it is a right pain. One of the missions I am unable to repeat as they were side missions so looks like I have missed it. Very annoying.

Back in business here too, 2 stuck at done unlocking which are nothing to worry about the others didn't even pop on screen or in notifications just appeared unlocked.

Back in business here too, 2 stuck at done unlocking which are nothing to worry about the others didn't even pop on screen or in notifications just appeared unlocked.

What game mate?

What game mate?

Lego Batman 3, they were character specific ones too and I'm sure if you have played lego you know how long it takes to get to unlock certain characters, was dreading them glitching.

I've had the done unlocking thing a few times now they always pop in a day or two at the latest.

Lego Batman 3, they were character specific ones too and I'm sure if you have played lego you know how long it takes to get to unlock certain characters, was dreading them glitching.

I've had the done unlocking thing a few times now they always pop in a day or two at the latest.

Ah ok, mine are all in Assassins Creed Unity. Maybe they will suddenly work but looks like they reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

I can't finish downloading my free Game with Gold. So annoying.

• Advertisement

I can't finish downloading my free Game with Gold. So annoying.

Xbox 360 or One?

Advertisement