Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ethernet adapter issues

Options
  • 14-01-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Have couple of issues here with making my home wireless. Due to shape of my house i cant get wireless signal in other side. Its only 15 meters away from my eircom fibre router but no luck.
    I have 2 extra wireless routers which I am thinking to setting up as wireless access points to boost my range.
    To get from eircom router to wireless access points I need wired connection or ethernet adapter that works over electrical cables within the house. I have those adapters, they are old, but they should save me buying 20 metres of LAN cable.

When I am trying to connect ethernet adapter to my eircom router trough LAN points, connection drops and that particular LAN port becomes dead until plugged out. I tried all 4 ports on my router. If i plug in my laptop everything is working fine
    Why is this happening?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Dead? You mean not even a link light?

Advertisement