Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness announce an Irish Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Whelans was great, now for the DCU show tomorrow, cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Took this in Derry on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Hopefully the next time they play here I'll get to hear about it before it's sold out and have a chance to buy a ticket!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ticket finally bought for Newbridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

have 2 tics available for the dolans gig, pm if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Anyone know what time the darkness will be on stage in Tullamore? Also, based on previous shows roughly how long will they play for? Trying to organise a lift so I can enjoy a few beers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the darkness will be on stage in Tullamore? Also, based on previous shows roughly how long will they play for? Trying to organise a lift so I can enjoy a few beers :)

They came on around 9pm in Whelan's and they played for roughly 1hr30/40min.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Anybody know if there's a support on in Dolans tomorrow night?
    Literally Cannot. Wait. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

One of my pics from DCU the other night. Have many more like it!

10455804_10152623965821640_5737637313455502929_n.jpg?oh=cc03e1bddbb8cbed08f7cd465a8e14f1&oe=55BA0BCC

• Registered Users Posts: 19,629 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Skintwin wrote: »
    Anybody know if there's a support on in Dolans tomorrow night?
    Literally Cannot. Wait. :cool:

They just ruled in Whelan's. Going again on Thursday, half thinking of trying to get to Tullamore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    They just ruled in Whelan's. Going again on Thursday, half thinking of trying to get to Tullamore.

I'm just hoping that I can get a seat that I'm able to see from (stuck on damn crutches)
    I've been waiting to see them since I stole my Dad's permission to Land CD to play in my discman 10 years ago!:pac:

You're in for a treat. Permission to Land is one if my top 5 (top 3, actually) albums ever, but they are something else live.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Just back from tullamore, what surreal gig! In the ballroom in the bridge house and the darkness absolutely rocked it! One of the most enjoyable gigs I've been at.

Don't understand the giving a recovering alcoholic a pint of Guinness and chanting for him to drink it!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Lpfsox

yeah - great gig alright, but strange venue! Loved the cardigan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I was at the gig in Galway on friday, and on saturday I got tickets to Tullamore :) 2 cracking gigs! What a set list! Justin is one of, if not the best front man there is. I really hope they do a "night club" tour like this again, I seen them in oxegen, the olympia, and on the smaller stages on this tour. The smaller gigs really were amazing!

Seen them last in Newbridge and thought they were unreal. Didnt no it was the last night of the tour either

Yeah, amazing again last night. Can't wait till they come back again!

Sick I didn't get there earlier, was talking to a lad who said they were in the bar and hour or two before the gig.

Edit: Someone mentioned a comeback earlier in this thread. Quite likely, the new stuff is so strong it just rocks the house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cork gig was incredible on Tuesday, can only echo the sentiments of the other gigs for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭rhubarbcustard

Was at Newbridge gig myself, it was fantastic I must agree! Good buzz from the band as a whole but Justin has some voice on him! Brilliant stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Great gig,nice crowd, band were as tight as Miley cyrus's pants and really seemed to be enjoying themselves. the three new songs sound great

• Advertisement

The Darkness
    Thanks to all these lovely people for making our Irish jaunt such an adventure. See you in the Summer Ireland, watch this space ...

1902912_830773900329429_2200463401420422379_n.jpg?oh=78a0263fea13868ed5187008e20a6a10&oe=557D2FC0&__gda__=1438342578_3a8040adc9b435c1d247516bdf2aec8c

See you in the summer...

\o/ \o/ \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    See you in the summer...

\o/ \o/ \o/

Hope they support the Who or AC/DC (more likely?) :)

Saw them in Clonmel and again me too echoing others by saying it was a great night of rock even if they only played for 70 mins or there abouts (Only had the one encore song saw 2 done on setlists elsewhere).

New songs already seem album will be worth a purchase when it comes out in June. New drummer fitting in Nicely.

Is there still such a thing as "the charts"?

Like, can you still buy singles?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That new song is like She Sells Sanctuary mixed with A Long Way To The Top, Barbarian is a better song, it has a heavier almost Stone Gods type feel to it and I love lyrics about historical events, if they are supporting AC/DC or The Who I could see them getting a small bit of abuse because they are the type of band that just rub some people up the wrong way.

That new song is like She Sells Sanctuary mixed with A Long Way To The Top, Barbarian is a better song, it has a heavier almost Stone Gods type feel to it and I love lyrics about historical events, if they are supporting AC/DC or The Who I could see them getting a small bit of abuse because they are the type of band that just rub some people up the wrong way.

I doubt they would get abuse, they went down ok when they supported metallica in 2003, and their fans would be a lot more "hardcore"! The Blizzards didnt really get any abuse in 09 when they supported ACDC, people just ignored them, and kept drinking. I would love if they supported ACDC!

Love the new song, cant wait for the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭LowOdour

its mad reading about the love in for the Darkness! Saw them when they stood in as the headline act at Oxegen 2004. One of the main fecking reasons we went was because David Bowie was the original Sunday headliner...to say they were disappointing would be an understatement. Then again, anyone would have been when compared with Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 38,416 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

rumour The Darkness are one of the headliners of the Daytripper Festival in Waterford City in the summer

• Advertisement

LowOdour wrote: »
    its mad reading about the love in for the Darkness! Saw them when they stood in as the headline act at Oxegen 2004. One of the main fecking reasons we went was because David Bowie was the original Sunday headliner...to say they were disappointing would be an understatement. Then again, anyone would have been when compared with Bowie

you are literally the first person I have ever heard say that!
    I was 17 back in 04, and I wasn't really into Bowie . Looking back, it would have been amazing to have seen him.

Advertisement