Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness announce an Irish Tour

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

LowOdour wrote: »
    its mad reading about the love in for the Darkness! Saw them when they stood in as the headline act at Oxegen 2004. One of the main fecking reasons we went was because David Bowie was the original Sunday headliner...to say they were disappointing would be an understatement. Then again, anyone would have been when compared with Bowie

A band who had one album being bumped up to headline a festival in place of David Bowie would always be a let-down. I'd say the Darkness were still good themselves performance-wise, but the crowd weren't up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Mushy wrote: »
    A band who had one album being bumped up to headline a festival in place of David Bowie would always be a let-down. I'd say the Darkness were still good themselves performance-wise, but the crowd weren't up for it.

I agree. I was there. I paid to see Bowie alone and was going to sell my ticket when he pulled out. A friend convinced me to go and socially it was the most awkward day of my life...but music wise I loved The Darkness and even got a great kick out of Muse

For me the best act was Ash, in the rain, that first song with the guitar on fire - brilliant - plus Black Eyed Peas weren't too bad either

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

17610_793878230700212_1913417961465173740_n.png?oh=cd3930968879e1ba0c0a4145aac20e21&oe=55989592

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Playing the Daytripper festival in Waterford on July 5th as well.....

Advertisement