Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Bargains/Reductions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

4 for 20 in dunnes of those crisps and drinks etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Starting Tomorrow at SuperValu!
    3 for €15
    shakencat wrote: »
    4 for 20 in dunnes of those crisps and drinks etc!
    433343.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fifilal

Does anyone know if there's any offers on cases of wine? Or remember when they were on last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Does Dunnes Stores ever do anything for Black Friday in Ladies clothes thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,485 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Fifilal wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there's any offers on cases of wine? Or remember when they were on last year?

Lidl have 6 bottles for €24

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,510 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

SarahLil wrote: »
    Does Dunnes Stores ever do anything for Black Friday in Ladies clothes thanks

They wouldn't do a lot to be honest compared to other retailers from what I remember. They might have a few items in the grocery section and they might have up to 20% of certain items else where.
    I never heard of anybody rushing to Dunnes on Black Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Fifilal wrote: »

Think I saw Dunnes advertising 25% back on 6 bottles at the weekend - I know last year they were doing it in December. With their €10 of €50 vouchers, it worked out quiet good value, although you do have to wait until Feb for the 25% back, but it was a nice bunch of vouchers to get back at that time!

They wouldn't do a lot to be honest compared to other retailers from what I remember. They might have a few items in the grocery section and they might have up to 20% of certain items else where.
    I never heard of anybody rushing to Dunnes on Black Friday!

Thanks Yeah that's what I thought I love their pyjamas and dressing gowns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I think O'Brien's are starting their wine sale this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

mud wrote: »
    I think O'Brien's are starting their wine sale this weekend.

Ah they have a sale every week. - Almost as often as Harvey Norman.

• Advertisement

Box's of Tayto 2 for €8! until 21/11!

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=251829966

Tubs of sweets are €5.50 at Tesco until the 21st!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

40% of toys gifts and gadgets on Debenhams online at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

In case you missed it last week in Super Valu......

Centra are doing 2 for €30 on Smirnoff Vodka, Gordon's Gin & Captain Morgan this weekend. 16th -19th only. Saw it on main Centra Ireland FB page

Not sure if this one is just our local Centra or across the country, but Cono Sur red & white wine €6 each 16th to 18th - it's the same Mega Deal type photo as the one above, so I expect it's across the board.

Cadbury assortment tins of biscuits for €5 too

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Woodies have Christmas Yankee Candles 2 for €40.

Woodies also have 20% and 50% off certain stock. Some things are still a little expensive tough. I think in previous years certain things went to 70% off.

Lily O'Briens are giving 30% off if you use the code BFCMZ30!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just got the advance Homestore and More text saying that they're doing half price lights. (Also half price Christmas table linen.) I'd love to get some multi-coloured lights but I can never seem to find ones I like. Does anyone have any recommendations for the ones they sell in Homestore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Just got the advance Homestore and More text saying that they're doing half price lights. (Also half price Christmas table linen.) I'd love to get some multi-coloured lights but I can never seem to find ones I like. Does anyone have any recommendations for the ones they sell in Homestore?

I bought a set three Christmases ago and haven't had an issue, they turn on every year and haven't blown a bulb yet. I love them.

I've a trip planned to homestore and more tonight to see what's there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

When are they doing the half price lights?
    Our first christmas in our first house so have to buy a fair bit of decorations :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i just ordered mine now :)
    the guy in the shop told me they would be on sale, so ive had a bare tree for two weeks waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

TG1 wrote: »
    I bought a set three Christmases ago and haven't had an issue, they turn on every year and haven't blown a bulb yet. I love them.

I've a trip planned to homestore and more tonight to see what's there!!
    Thanks. :) I might pop in this evening. I love that Homestore stays open late all week long.
    Naid23 wrote: »
    When are they doing the half price lights?
    Our first christmas in our first house so have to buy a fair bit of decorations :D:D

Not sure when they're going on general sale - I think the advance sale text is usually sent out 3 days in advance. You can take a look on www.vip.hsandm.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

We got the LED ones last year for our tree - think I ended up buying three sets of them as we put a set on one tree, then other one looked desperate so had to go back and buy another set. We also bought a set for outside too.

Make sure you test them before you put them up though - Mr. CheerLouth has no patience and he put one set on a tree and they didn't work & he wouldn't take them off :eek: - had to go buy another set, swap the transformers & then return a set & tell them the transformer was faulty. A lot of effort late in the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

If anybody hears of any bargains for pringles - ie. 1e a box which Dunnes was running a few years ago! - let me know :pac:

leahyl wrote: »
    If anybody hears of any bargains for pringles - ie. 1e a box which Dunnes was running a few years ago! - let me know :pac:

Generally doesn't happen until your nearer to Christmas. We always look forward to 5 bottles of coke for €5!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

24 Box of Walkers crips €4 SuperValu.

fin12 wrote: »
    24 Box of Walkers crips €4 SuperValu.

We were looking at these at the weekend and we didn't bother with them because of all the ready salted!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

We were looking at these at the weekend and we didn't bother with them because of all the ready salted!

I don't like the Ready Salted myself. However, what do make the Ready Salted more appealing is having them with a salsa dip.

Advertisement