Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second account

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi. Sorry if this has already been answered but I could not find it. Is it possible to open a second boards account using the same email address. I have this account and would like to keep it and open another for discussing other issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can only use an e-mail address for one account, the same address cannot be used for multiple accounts. That said, unless there's a pretty good reason we generally don't permit people to have multiple accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Thanks. I guess that means that I cannot open another account with a different email address and my details! I wanted to post about something that is quite private and there are some friends who know me as this user account.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We do make exceptions where a post might give away a person's identity or reveal personal information about them, so in this case you can go ahead with the second account. However I would ask that you restrict its use to posts of the sort I've outlined above please.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Zaph wrote: »
    We do make exceptions where a post might give away a person's identity or reveal personal information about them, so in this case you can go ahead with the second account. However I would ask that you restrict its use to posts of the sort I've outlined above please.
    Thanks so much that is great. Ill keep this account everyday use and the other for personal stuff. Thanks again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Some forums allow you to post anonymously. Oulwans & oulfellas does so and I believe Personal Issues does too. The anonymous post goes through a pre-moderation phase so it might be a tad slow while waiting for a mod to approve the post.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement