Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good barber

• 14-01-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi
    anyone know of a good barber around the Dunlaoghaire or city area. Getting fed up with 8 euro dry cuts. Havent had a cut for about 4 mths now
    Cheers Dom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

dom17 wrote: »
    Hi
    anyone know of a good barber around the Dunlaoghaire or city area. Getting fed up with 8 euro dry cuts. Havent had a cut for about 4 mths now
    Cheers Dom

Grafton Barbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Knights in Dundrum or Stephen's Green

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Sam's Barbers on the Quays or The Waldorf on Westmorland Street are arguably the two best in town, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACANDROID

Roselm wrote: »
    Grafton Barbers

The man asked for a good barbers, not an overpriced mini franchise which charges for the name, not the quality of its haircuts. The staff are instructed to keep chat to a minimum so they can get the next paying bum in the chair quicker. Don't let the free tea or coffee fool you into thinking you are getting good customer service.

I would recommend Cut N' Sew in Temple Bar, little bit more expensive than your average barbers but trust me, they are worth it, been going there consistently for 2+ years.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭dom17

Thanks lads cut and sew does look good but dont think i got enough hair (lol) for the style of haircuts in the pics on facebook. Might give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Try Jim's Barbers on Patrick Street in Dún Laoghaire, it's an experience!

21/25

Hi uch

that must be new is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Trinity barbers, trinity Street. I usually get a cheap done in my local out here but was in city that day and the lads are sound. Best wash and cut I've had in... I can't remember.

Would recommend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Hi uch

that must be new is it

Nah, Jim's is there as long as I can remember

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I used to go to Bedford Stuy in Temble Bar about a year ago. Really good. Unfortunately the barber that I found really good left after a couple of months, was raging! I now go to The Barber's Room near Trinity and they're really good too.

• Advertisement

Ended up going to cut and sew. Will not go back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ended up going to cut and sew. Will not go back there again.

Can you tell us why? Have never been but would like to know of your experience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ACANDROID wrote: »
    The staff are instructed to keep chat to a minimum so they can get the next paying bum in the chair quicker.

That sounds like the perfect barber to me.

http://www.thebarbersroom.com/ near trinity are good but the waiting is awful. most of the barbers there (there are 4 seats) take the time to give you a great cut but they are a victim of their own success as (especially at the w/end) you could be waiting 1 to 1.5 hrs easy. get there when they open first thing in the morning!

Advertisement