Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Dunshaughlin

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I will be moving to Dunshaughlin in June and was just wondering about the quality of the broadband in the area? The Eircom site says that I will be eligible for fibre broadband, is anyone using the fibre broadband and if so what speeds are you seeing?

Who are the best providers to use in Dunshaughlin?

Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

I am using broadband provided by "Imagine.ie", which was installed a few months ago. When I initially enquired with their sister company, Gaelic Telecom, I was told that fibre Broadband was not available in Dunshaughlin but turns out it was!
    I haven't got actual figures re speeds, but it works fine as far I can see, no problem watching films etc online.

To be honest, though, I wouldn't recommend "Imagine". The first engineer who came out to install it left me with no phone line and a second guy had to come out to rectify it. Also, I have had a couple of issues with their billing dept.
    If I was starting out, I think I would go with Eircom. If you are a new customer, you'll probably get a good deal for the first six months or whatever.

I would be interested to hear of other people's experiences with broadband in Dunshaughlin and surrounding areas. I am tied in with "Imagine" contract-wise for a while yet but would probably change if there was a better alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ashbournegirl

Thanks Cucina.

I'm currently living in ratoath and got the Eircom fibre broadband yesterday, download speeds went from 2mbps to 14.2mbps so made a big difference. Be keen to see if anyone in Dunshaughlin has got the Eircom fibre broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Have a look on irelandoffline.org and you will see what's available in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Only certain estates have fibre broadband in Dunshaughlin. Eircom advertise it but when you contact them it depends on the actual location

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

I moved to Dunshaughlin, just on the edge of the village, last year from Ashoburne and carried my Eircom over. Upgraded to fibre here in September.

Just ran a speed test on my laptop (wirelessly) and getting 47mbps. Much better than before but we were lucky that the setup went smoothly, which can be hit and miss with Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The fibre is not everywhere in Dunshaughlin. I am looking for a broadband provider too with not much luck. UPC still not out here yet with broadband and Eircome fibre are not in my estate yet (Grange Hall).

Looking at Vodafone now. Will be talking to them later.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Just to be aware, Vodafone promised me Fibre and once I was set up they said it was the Sales Rep error and it won't be available any time soon. I've been able to get a release from the contract but haven't moved yet. I think Eircom may have been faster

tara83 wrote: »
    Just to be aware, Vodafone promised me Fibre and once I was set up they said it was the Sales Rep error and it won't be available any time soon. I've been able to get a release from the contract but haven't moved yet. I think Eircom may have been faster

Its not the Fibre i would be getting from them, it would be the slower one, but would still be a lot better than what i am getting at the moment from Three.

Will try Eircom to see if they will do a broadband only package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

I have fiber with Sky and getting 86 down and 21 up.

it's fast.

Edit : Just done a speed test..

4sU3uy.png

Maysa do you have a phone line or did you get it without a phone line?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

andreac wrote: »
    Maysa do you have a phone line or did you get it without a phone line?

I have a phone line. apparently i am the only Sky customer with fiber in Dunshaughlin, so the engineer said.

Happy days. Im hoping to get Vodafone. Just waiting for them to ring me back regarding the line thats in my house as it was never activated as a landline.

Well I got my Vodafone Broadband up and running last night. Its great!! €35 a month unlimited. Its not Fibre but its great and a lot better than what I did have.

Advertisement