Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer science: Is NUI Maynooth as good as TCD?

Options
  • 14-01-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all, I have decided I want to do computer science, not sure yet wether at masters or bachelor's level. I gather the tcd cs course is good, but my friends are going to maynooth. So if the mynooth cs course is at the same level as trinity, I'd prefer to go to maynooth.

Maynooth:
    -Friends going here, so it is my preference
    -How good is the actual course, I heard its solid, but I also know the lecturers aren't as much into research as in tcd?
    -How good is the college at attracting employers?
    -How do the college facilities, mainly those used in cs, compare to tcd's?

TCD:
    -Far more recognized if I ever have to go abroad
    -I know the course is at least good here, and a lecturer virtually swore to me all students get jobs (all good students I presme : ) ) and the college does indeed have good links in the industry
    -IMPORTANT: tcd lets you choose if you want to do a masters in the 3'd year of your bachelor's course (turning it into a 5-year). Does maynooth offer a similar choice?

Would really appeciate feedback. Be sure to say if you are currently doing the course or when you finished.

Advertisement