Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sale agreed on property that went into receivership

Options
  • 15-01-2015 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

About 5 months ago we went sale agreed on property that we loved. After 5 or 6 weeks from going sale agreed we signed are side of the contract and payed the deposit to a developer solicitor and my solicitor send the contract over to them so they could sign it on there side.

After 5 weeks there no contract signed from there side. Then we found out that 1 of the 3 partners in developer's company's the owners of the property went bankrupt in the uk.

So we are have been waiting with no house and no contract signed for the last 5 months.

Has anyone been in similar situation or know what he best way to tackle this as uk receivers are involved in the mess now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 simon13wrafter

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. I went sale agreed on a property in possession by AIB back in November. KPMG (the receiver) do not have any updates on when the sale will close as the property is being held up by AIB. Initially I was told contracts would be issued in 5 weeks, then a further 2 weeks. Now it's mid March and I've still no update. The estate agent has no information either. 4 months in, i'm just told to sit tight. I got through to the case manager in KPMG who is not at liberty to give any information. Same line from AIB. Receiver sales seem to be long and drawn out.

Advertisement