Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just Cause for leaving job and JSA ??

• 15-01-2015 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all,

I'm a casual JSA claimant. My father is very sick back home in a different county and my family needs help, I need to move back but would the social see this as a just cause for leaving the job? would i be disallowed from claiming for 9 weeks as it could be seen as voluntarily leaving? I'm very worried and advise is appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Jobseekers is paid on the basis you are actively and aggressively looking for a job. It is not paid for up to 9 weeks where you have become voluntarily unemployed.

Sorry to hear he is ill. How far are the two counties apart?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sauerkraut

It takes 2hrs 30mins to drive to home, I don't have a car as I can't afford one. I would be looking for work down there also I just need to be closer to my family. I've been applying for jobs there and have applied for a fas course that I'm very interested in as my fall back. So even if I say I'm moving to do the course and get my affairs in order before it starts (end of feb) would that also not be seen as a just reason to leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I believe it would. I imagine you will be ok. Get applying now for jobs etc insofar as you can and demonstrate you are genuine.

Bottom line is your dad, focus on your dad. This life business is all swings and roundabouts and challenges, and dealing with these types of scenario is one as you do need an income flowing to be fair, but things will work out. As I said, swings and roundabouts, knocks and bumps. But keep going, and focus on your dad and also your own wellbeing.

thank you for your help and advice, I'm going into the social tomorrow morning to find out what I can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

If you present a good case, you should be fine. My partner managed to get the 9 weeks waived on the basis that his employer was overworking/underpaying him and I would consider serious illness of an immediate family member more just cause than that!

• Advertisement

Ok so, I rang Citizens information and they said I might need medical dockets as proof that it's going on when I move & go to sign on?
    I went to my social welfare office and the lady said I should be fine that I would need a letter confirming with my job why I'm leaving to match what I told them.
    I was also advised that I could ask my employer to say there's no hours for me and they don't have foreseeable employment for me so I'd be laid off technically to the social.

Advertisement