Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPad screem locked after upgrade

• 15-01-2015 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Need help with this one, went to upgrade iPad mini 1 - 16gb, doesnt have sim card, just wifi.
    Anyway left it downloading the latest ios last night, looked at it this morning and it has an apple on the screen, and what looks like a small status bar underneath, almost at the end, but the iPad wont do a thing.
    Tried connecting it to itunes to reset it but itunes wont connect to it.

Is there any way I can get it to finish the upgrade, or get it back to the last ios which was working fine?

Appreciate any help with this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

I've experienced this issue before with my iPhone/iPod Touch.

Have you ever jailbroken the iPad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

No, not jailbroken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

I should have actually asked have you jailbroken any device using that computer?

There were a few jailbreaks that messed with what's called the 'hosts' file in Windows. Do you recall ever doing this? If not, we can rule this one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Try hold both the lock and home buttons at the same time till it turns off then turn it on again and see if it finishes or loads as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

n1ck wrote: »
    Try hold both the lock and home buttons at the same time till it turns off then turn it on again and see if it finishes or loads as normal.

Looks to have done the trick, thank you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement