Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a job offer, what now?

Options
  • 15-01-2015 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

I've been offered a construction job in Cantebury.
    I'm aware it's the working visa I need to get but how do I go about getting this. I've heard there's a medical involved. Would the visa be for one, two or three years?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

I should have mentioned I've already been to Christchurch on a one year WHV. I'm looking to go back on a work visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 daveblinkbass

Yes, a medical is involved which costs about $500. They're quick and easy to do. Just a chest x-ray to see if you have TB and a general check up.

The work visa expiry date varies between applicants. One of my friends got 1 year and 1 day. The other got 3 years. It appears to be random, however, you definitely won't be offered anything longer than the expiry date on your passport.

Advertisement