Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Directions from Baldoyle to Fitzwilliam Street Upper on Bus/Train

• 15-01-2015 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Hi how do i get to Fitzwilliam Street Upper from baldoyle using public transport.
    Train is prefarable.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

get the 29A from Baldoyle and get off at Raheny train station and get off the Dart at Pearse Station. I'd say its about a 10min walk from there to Fitzwilliam Street.

the 32X bus from Baldoyle will drop you around the corner on Leeson Street.

Both routes are roughly the same time but the 32X has less walking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hannibal wrote: »
    get the 29A from Baldoyle and get off at Raheny train station and get off the Dart at Pearse Station. I'd say its about a 10min walk from there to Fitzwilliam Street.

If you could get a train to pearse its probably better for me to get the train from clongriffin to pearse ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

If you could get a train to pearse its probably better for me to get the train from clongriffin to pearse ?
    I dont know I just put the two points into Google maps and they were the two quickest routes it came up with.

the other route is walk to Sutton or Clongriffin (whichever is closer) and get the train to Pearse. There's a lot more walking involved in doing that but it's upto you. Thats the three ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hannibal wrote: »

The 32X bus to UCD only runs a couple of times a day, doesn't it?

The regular 32 does go thru part of Baldoyle, but it doesn't go over to the southside, it terminates in Talbot St. It is also fairly infrequent.

I'd go with the Dart option. Depending on what part of Baldoyle the OP is in, they could walk to Sutton or Bayside or Howth Junction Dart stations & get the Dart from there, or get the 29 & get off along the way at the Raheny Dart station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

OP use www.a-b.ie or download the National Journey Planner app for smartphones.

Baldoyle is a large area - it will depend on where you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

if you are on the side of Baldoyle close to Clongriffin then I'd say just get a 15 bus straight into Stephen's green and then it's only a short 5 min walk to Fitzwilliam street

alternatively the DART to Pearse and maybe a 10-15 min walk

Advertisement