Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portobello Institute

Options
  • 15-01-2015 3:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have had a really bad experience with this "college". I signed up for a night course last October, paying up front. The course was then cancelled by the college due to low numbers, and despite daily emails and phone calls I have not seen a penny of my money back.

If I do manage to get through, I'm told that "She has just gone into a meeting" or "They'll be back on Friday". They won't put a name to this random "she". Today at 2pm Tina told me that "she" would ring me back, when I rang back at 4pm (the same) Tina told me that "she" wouldn't be in the office until Friday.

The only dealings I've had with this place involved me transferring money to their account, I've never attended a class, or been there in person. I really don't think it's too much to ask that they give me my money back.

Do not give this "college" your money, it's just not worth the risk

This is meant as a warning but I also want to ask advice. How do I get my €500+ back? I'm thinking it could be fraud, or theft? Any help/advice is welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭castaway_lady

In my experience of companies a few vicious threatening tweets mentioning the likes of gardai and fraud tend to get them moving. Tell them you're contacting QQI and HETAC immediately.
    Don't be polite...be threatening! They've had their chance to do it the nice way.

Advertisement