Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Display call waiting

• 15-01-2015 5:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46

Hi. I have an iPhone 5 and looking for a bit of info. If I ring someone and they are on a call already I have no way of telling. Is there any way to activate a screen message for this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I think that's more of a carrier thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

would that be called an engaged tone ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

would that be called an engaged tone ?

No, that's a sound. OP clearly stated they're looking for a display on the screen. The bad comedy forum closed a while back, by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Jim3592

When you ring mobile to mobile you never get a engaged tone. If I ring someone and they are on a call I have no way of knowing but with the older phones when someone I was ringing was on a call it said so on my screen.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Doesn't it say User busy on the iPhone? Maybe thats on the newer versions of iOS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

whiterebel wrote: »
    Doesn't it say User busy on the iPhone? Maybe thats on the newer versions of iOS?

I get a user busy screen too I think, using iPhone 5S and have had it since ios7, now on ios8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

User busy is when they are on the phone and don't have call waiting enabled I think.

guil wrote: »
    User busy is when they are on the phone and don't have call waiting enabled I think.

Makes sense.

Jim3592 wrote: »
    Makes sense.

Any update on this???

Advertisement