Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead animal on side of the road

Options
  • 15-01-2015 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi all,

Who do I call in such instances in order to remove the animal? I couldn't find a no. online.

Tried to call the main Fingal County Council no. a few times - no answer. :rolleyes:

Tried calling a no. I found in relation to the mistreatment of horse in the hope I could be pointed in the right direction. No answer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

What sort of animal is it?

Call the ISPCA if you can't get through to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

if it is a busy main road, call the guards, they know who to get to do it and take care of safety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

It's a fox.

Cheers I'll try those.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Dead animals on public land is the Council's business, you'll just have to keep pushing them. The ISPCA (who are based in Longford) or their local brethren the DSPCA are interested in cruelty issues, not roadside hygiene. Flogging aside, you can't be cruel to a dead horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭AnimalChin

Yeah I called the ISPCA and they just redirected me (understandably) back to the council. I found another no. on line and a few more calls later I could make the report!

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Tordelback wrote: »
    The ISPCA or their local brethren the DSPCA are interested in cruelty issues, not roadside hygiene.

Yes, but the OP didn't state in the first post as to what animal it was. For all I knew it was a dead cow, horse, donkey, etc......

Any of which could potentially have signs of abuse and neglect.

So the ISPCA was a valid option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i did not realise it was a small animal, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Only dead hedgehogs need to be quickly removed from the roadside due to the tire puncture danger :D

Advertisement