Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Fail – CO 1.18 @ High Idle

Options
  • 15-01-2015 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭

Hi, I failed my NCT LAST Friday as,

Lambda was .96 when range was between .97 & 1.03.
    CO was 1.18 anything above .20 is a fail.

IMG-20150112-WA0004_zpsf507e900.jpg

I brought it to my Mechanic on Tuesday & he tested the emissions and said they were fine, he told me to take it back to the Test centre & ask them to re-test it as we got it checked and it’s is fine. I brought it back last night & the person who tested it on Friday couldn’t have been nicer he brought it back in and retested on two different lanes but it failed again…

Lambda was @ .97 this time so it passed, just about.
    CO was .86 @ so it failed again, above .20.

IMG-20150115-WA0002140115_zps12dcc346.jpg

I had emission problems last year as Oil got into the ECU, I replaced the Lambda sensors, magnets, wiring loom & ECU at a cost of over €2,500!

Does anyone have any idea what my issue is this year?

Car is a 2004 1.8L Petrol, Mercedes E200 Komprosser (W211)

Would Dipetane sort it out? https://www.dipetane.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Dipetane is useless. It made no difference to my emissions whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Eugene Yes

Would be worth checking lambda sensors on a live data feed to see if working. If they are giving proper signal and you have no exhaust leaks, you may be looking at replacing the catalytic converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Before going mad chopping out cat-converters and so forth, check the air-filter. When was the car last serviced - properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

jimgoose wrote: »
    Before going mad chopping out cat-converters and so forth, check the air-filter. When was the car last serviced - properly?

2 years since I changed the Air filter, oil service was done last month. I'll check the air filter to see how clean it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,172 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

celticbest wrote: »
    2 years since I changed the Air filter, oil service was done last month. I'll check the air filter to see how clean it looks.

For the sake of a tenner or so whip it out and replace it. You'd be amazed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Change the air filter. My 6 month old one was pure muck, changed it and High idle CO fell from 0.25 to 0.19 so I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Our Yaris kept failing on high emissions, mechanic kept finding it ok, merry-go-round, eventually sourced problem to the mass air flow sensor.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement