Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport - what's the point?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

katydid wrote: »
    If it was only a difference of twenty euro, nobody would go to Cork. It used to be cheap, but before the London route went, it had got very expensive. In the mid nougthies, there were great offers, but they didn't last long. Plus you can get to Heathrow from Cork. Luton or Stansted are very out of the way and it costs another twenty euro to get back and forward from them.

Are the trains in from stansted and luton that much more than the heathrow one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

dzilla wrote: »
    Are the trains in from stansted and luton that much more than the heathrow one?

Oh yes. The Heathrow one is part of the Tube system, it's one end of the Picadilly Line. You pay the fare for the outer zone, which is not cheap, but cheaper than the transport from the other places. In my own experience, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

katydid wrote: »
    Oh yes. The Heathrow one is part of the Tube system, it's one end of the Picadilly Line. You pay the fare for the outer zone, which is not cheap, but cheaper than the transport from the other places. In my own experience, anyway.

Just picked a random day in May, the 11th, travelling with EasyBus from Luton Airport to Liverpool Street, the cost is £1:95 for most of the day. Travel time approx 60mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Just picked a random day in May, the 11th, travelling with EasyBus from Luton Airport to Liverpool Street, the cost is £1:95 for most of the day. Travel time approx 60mins.

Bus in London. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

O Riain wrote: »
    Bus in London. Lol.

Coach in London with limited stops, please spill the beans on why its LOL on that route backed by fact not presumptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

What is the fastest way into a Central London Tube Station from Luton airport these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AviationUK

reni10 wrote: »
    What is the fastest way into a Central London Tube Station from Luton airport these days?

The train from the Parkway station, train goes right through the centre of London out to the south coast from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Coach in London with limited stops, please spill the beans on why its LOL on that route backed by fact not presumptions.

The EasyBus is grand. No frills, value for money. I would have no complaints about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

AviationUK wrote: »
    The train from the Parkway station, train goes right through the centre of London out to the south coast from there

How long does it take on the train and what is the first stop where you can hop onto the tube from it in central London?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

reni10 wrote: »
    How long does it take on the train and what is the first stop where you can hop onto the tube from it in central London?

Fastest Thameslink train is about 40-50 minutes I think.

Change at West Hampstead for North West London (Jubilee Line and North London Line (now called Overground))

The easiest interchange in central London is Farringdon for the Circle and Hammersmith & City. King's Cross was revamped a while back so the interchange might have improved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

O Riain wrote: »
    Bus in London. Lol.

Mid morning going into London, which is when the morning flight arrives, should be OK. Getting back for the evening flight is another matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Looks like its going well

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-single.php?cat=1&id=28243

The CEO of VLM Airlines says the response to their decision to fly on the Waterford-London/Luton route has been phenomenal.The Belgian-based Airlines will operate the Luton route 12 times a week in each direction beginning on Monday, April 27th and will also operate a four-times-weekly service between Waterford and Birmingham. Tune into WLR FM NEWS to hear the airline's CEO, Arthur White.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

thomasm wrote: »
    Looks like its going well

The CEO of VLM Airlines says the response to their decision to fly on the Waterford-London/Luton route has been phenomenal.The Belgian-based Airlines will operate the Luton route 12 times a week in each direction beginning on Monday, April 27th and will also operate a four-times-weekly service between Waterford and Birmingham. Tune into WLR FM NEWS to hear the airline's CEO, Arthur White.

I was booking flights to and from London in July. All the €39.99 seats were fully booked out for each evening flight home from London for the week I was looking (last week of July). The only seats that were still available were for €98 or €312 (approx).
    Either there were very limited €39.99 seats available to begin with, or there was a huge uptake. I hope the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

crazyman wrote: »
    I was booking flights to and from London in July. All the €39.99 seats were fully booked out for each evening flight home from London for the week I was looking (last week of July). The only seats that were still available were for €98 or €312 (approx).
    Either there were very limited €39.99 seats available to begin with, or there was a huge uptake. I hope the latter.
    I think the aircraft they are using is a Fokker F50, so it has seating for 50 pax . Its going to be very limited trying to get cheap seats especially during peak season .

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

I think the aircraft they are using is a Fokker F50, so it has seating for 50 pax . Its going to be very limited trying to get cheap seats especially during peak season .

fair point. Either way, the fact that the CEO of VLM is coming out and saying the response is phenomenal can only be positive for the future of the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭space2ground1

It won't be long before they beg borrow or steal a larger aircraft for the route if demand remains phenomenal! Id love to see a flight to a small airport near Paris or anywhere in Belgium.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Perhaps admin could change the name of this thread as it seems overly negative to an airport that seems to be on the up!

Advertisement