Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rFactor 1

• 15-01-2015 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Just wanted to start a thread to show my love for this platform. I was close in late November to removing this from my HDD with all the new sims blossoming (I have about 50 Gigs of mods in there) but I just couldnt do it..

Good thing too because there have been some stonking mods released lately. Some may have heard of this one, there is a MOD that was 8 years in the making, stops and starts, people thought it would never come out but it finally has just before Christmas.

GTPC Mod by Virtua_LM

It simulates 80's Group C monsters that were prevalent during that era and you gotta try them out!

http://www.virtualr.net/gtpc-rfactor-1-0-released

They work perfectly with the historical versions of the LeMans track also made by Virtua_LM http://www.virtua-lm.com/lemans/download_7286.php

I'll update this thread with any new mods I think people might want to install

Clive.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Continuing the LeMans theme here is a link for the 2014 World Endurance Championship Mod

http://redheroes.forumcommunity.net/?t=57166149

You will need to register to download but its painless.

I tried this Mod last week and was blown away with the quality of this free mod.

All the cars, both GT and Prototype are amazing, beautiful models and skins and wait till you hear the sounds!

All 3 prototypes, Audi, Porsche and Toyota have different types of Hybrid engines powering them and are done brilliantly in game.

The Porsche Turbo V4 sounds grunty and rough..
    The Toyota V8 NA is a right screamer..
    And the Audi Diesel whooshes along and just listen to the harvesting while on the brakes! Gave me goosebumps.

And thats not event mentioning all the GT cars. Twin with your favourite endurance circuit and its heaven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If I wanted to start from scratch with PC, wheel etc to get up and running with r factor, what should I be buying to get it to run decently - does it need an expensive machine?
    Which wheels and pedals are best?

You wont need an expensive machine at all, rFactor is a little older now and doesn't put any strain on newer machines. Just checked the currys website and they have the Logitech G27 wheel with pedals for €289.00. its a great wheel for the price and one that most here would have started out with.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I got a new G27 on Monday gone for €220 in store pc world/currys
    As for rfactor ,its still a great platform but game stock car just does what the rfactor engine does but a lot better and all in one package.
    Having said that there are some rfactor mods are simply must haves for any simracer.

€220 is a great price, it really is a good wheel, I still remember when I bought my G25, 2004 I think it was, I was literally a kid with a new toy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement