Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to play Rygar - 30yrs later !

• 15-01-2015 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

years ago I frequented the Pierrot Club on the quays. After school, bus in with 20p to pop it into the Rygar machine and jesus, it was heaven. I loved that game. 27 odd levels and it was a great feeling to clear the lot. What a game.

Now, I've gone all nostalgic and really want to have a go to see if I can repeat the feat 30yrs later, sad as it might seem :)

So, whats the easiest way to get it on my TV and get proper control ( need more that PC keyboard ), I need a joystick plus buttons. Have it on the laptop through MAME but the keyboard controls are not the same.

Have a PS3, minix neo x8h, and some other stuff so just looking for suggestions from the pros that frequent this forum.

Thanks in advance ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

If it runs fine on your laptop you could buy a compatible arcade stick, connect it to your laptop and connect your laptop to your tv using whatever connection your laptop and tv support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

xbox 360 hori arcade stick would be yer man. about 20€

Rygar is in my top 10 games ever.

KiKI KaiKai is another from that era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

safetyboy wrote: »

Rygar is in my top 10 games ever.

KiKI KaiKai is another from that era

Thanks for the tip SB. Silly question, but I assume it just works via USB ? Ultimately, I want to ideally stick an emulator on the minix and get a compatable controller to allow TV playback. Then I'd be set :)

Never liked the Kiki kakkai but Wonder Boy and bubble bobble were other's that are still fresh in my head nearly 30yrs on !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

dodzy wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip SB. Silly question, but I assume it just works via USB ? Ultimately, I want to ideally stick an emulator on the minix and get a compatable controller to allow TV playback. Then I'd be set :)

It depends on the emulator. You might need something like XPadder to map the arcade stick inputs to keypresses.

My hori just maps in mame. yeah its USB. Wonderboy I still play this a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Pulled a Rygar PCB from one of the cabs i got in cork a couple of years back, sold it on with one of them. Think it was the Japanese version of it.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Pulled a Rygar PCB from one of the cabs i got in cork a couple of years back, sold it on with one of them. Think it was the Japanese version of it.

I'd love to have bought that, damn you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

safetyboy wrote: »

where can you get a Hori stick for €20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

It's similar to the black PS3 one that comes up on adverts a lot (black and grey with multicoloured buttons. I think the 360 version is white with an Xbox themed colour scheme). They sell for €50 on adverts, but Game used to sell them for half that new.

gouche wrote: »
    where can you get a Hori stick for €20?

I got mine in gamestop about a year ago, 22€ If i remember correctly, Henry street.

• Advertisement

Get a supergun! seriously though this is a super title and almost got me killed over 10p's... worth it.

Advertisement