Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE iPlayer

Options
  • 15-01-2015 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭

Yesterday I posted an angry rant about RTE iPlayer, in the "Broadcasters" forum. Maybe that was the incorrect place so I'll ask here too.

I live in the western US and used to use RTE iPlayer from time to time to watch rte news. Especially when something big is happening.

But over the last few years its become more and more unstable to the point now were it rebuffers every 5-10 seconds so its pretty much unusable now. And its been like this for a long time. I just quit trying.

About six months ago we began subscribing to AT&T High Speed internet, very nice. BBC iPlayer runs perfectly.

So yesterday after the recent snow and storms I thought I'd give the rte iplayer another go.

And its the same as ever. Pixalated super low resolution and rebuffering every 5-15 seconds. Unusable.

Anyone else living far away from Ireland having similar issues? Is it me or is it Rte?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Caybar

Living in Asia, Sometimes have similar issues, but for the most part its fine.

Do the usual, try with a different web browser to see if theres any improvement. Try at different times of the day (internet is often congested in the evening time)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Works fine for me here in the Netherlands and also in Germany.

Problem must be on your end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Curious. I'll investigate further but I didnt think it was me because this has spanned different internet connections.

Thanks anyway though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Curious. I'll investigate further but I didnt think it was me because this has spanned different internet connections.

Thanks anyway though.

If you're using the same VPN tunnel to get to it then the tunnel itself could be the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

MrVestek wrote: »
    If you're using the same VPN tunnel to get to it then the tunnel itself could be the issue.

You don't need a tunnel or unblocker to watch the news :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

You don't need a tunnel or unblocker to watch the news :)

Ohh right, fair enough! :-)

Advertisement